PDA

View Full Version : Tools Involved....What will I need?

ozzymalone
2nd October 2012, 01:05 PM
Hi all...Just about to order some replacement front Control Arms bushes and was going to do the swap myself.... Just wanted to check whats involved before I get out of my depth. From what I have seen I "should" be able to unbolt all adjoining bits (;) ) And remove the arms easy enough get the olds pressed out and the news pressed in and bingo bango throw the arms back in.....

Is it really this easy just fiddly? Let us know what you think....best tools for the job.

Cheers.

ozzymalone
2nd October 2012, 01:13 PM
Also does anyone know the torque settings that are associated with this job?

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 01:55 PM
Whats its on?? I'll look it up for you / my book calls them leading arms front nut 157-186 Nm
and rear nut 93-123Nm

ozzymalone
2nd October 2012, 02:18 PM
Sorry threedogs...Its a 98 GU Patrol i'm doing the bushes on. Ta' mate

nissannewby
2nd October 2012, 04:18 PM
Let me know when you want to do it and I can give you a hand if you like. Also have access to a press so yeah .

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah thats '98 to '09 , but if you're going to Newbys reckon you'll be sweet.

ozzymalone
3rd October 2012, 09:36 AM
Newby you've got be in line for an "Australian of the Year" Medal!!!! For sure I will take you up on the offer....PM us when your back down from work and have some spare days. I will go order the front bushes now.....Actually I will wait and see what you reckon... You think i should do the rear bushes too or not to worry?

nissannewby
3rd October 2012, 10:39 AM
The rear mushroom bushes on your radius arms are cheap so we might as well do it all at once since we will have the arms out. I'll be available from mon- thu next week mate

Robo
3rd October 2012, 11:55 AM
Gotta love this forum.*****
And the blokes willing to go that bit further to help out when possible.