PDA

View Full Version : LED Light Co

Pages : 1 [2]

rkondivers
10th December 2015, 06:44 AM
How do folks usually mount the LED light bars? Guessing the most non-intrusive would be to mount them to the roof rack, but then there's more wind resistance and subject to breakage from overhead threats. Are they generally mounted above and slightly ahead of the top of the windshield?

threedogs
10th December 2015, 08:13 AM
I mounted mine under the roof rack for protection, wires go down the B pillar
Might want to start a new thread too about this

Lights
10th December 2015, 09:30 AM
How do folks usually mount the LED light bars? Guessing the most non-intrusive would be to mount them to the roof rack, but then there's more wind resistance and subject to breakage from overhead threats. Are they generally mounted above and slightly ahead of the top of the windshield?

As threedogs pointed out, under the roof rack is the best option and offers as much protection as possible.
In terms of wind resistance, I would be more concerned about the roof rack than a light bar (especially single row).
If you are considering mounting directly above the windscreen I would suggest going for a drive with somebody that has the setup as you can end up with a lot of glare off the bonnet.

Best regards,
Paul

rkondivers
10th December 2015, 11:26 AM
Thanks, hadn't thought about mounting it underneath the roof rack. Makes a lot of sense! Thanks.

rkondivers
10th December 2015, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I heard the roof rack costs you some in the fuel consumption dept., so mounting them underneath would probably minimize that compared to mounting above the rack. Thanks!

Lights
24th December 2015, 09:35 AM
New products just arrived, one of which is a 20" 252 watt double row light bar.
7 watt Philips LED's, 4D optics, pressure relief valve and a total of 26460 lumens!! Check out specs, pictures and pricing http://www.ledlightco.com.au/double-row-light-bar-20-252-watt-36-x-7-watt-philips-chips-combination-beam-4d-optics/

rkondivers
24th December 2015, 09:50 AM
but already ordered mine.

Skitzyrex
24th December 2015, 01:45 PM
New products just arrived, one of which is a 20" 252 watt double row light bar.
7 watt Philips LED's, 4D optics, pressure relief valve and a total of 26460 lumens!! Check out specs, pictures and pricing http://www.ledlightco.com.au/double-row-light-bar-20-252-watt-36-x-7-watt-philips-chips-combination-beam-4d-optics/

Do they make them in spot beam only?
Thanks.

Lights
28th December 2015, 05:30 PM
Hi Skitzyrex.
Sorry for the late reply. I've been away from the computer for a few days. At the moment we only have these in a combo beam.

Cheers,
Paul

Sprock
28th December 2015, 07:50 PM
Hey pardon my ignorance to all things internet based - how do I look at your site Paul ? I've tried clicking on your 'lights' name to no avail - phone in danger of flying through the air in frustration [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NigeP62
28th December 2015, 08:06 PM
Hey pardon my ignorance to all things internet based - how do I look at your site Paul ? I've tried clicking on your 'lights' name to no avail - phone in danger of flying through the air in frustration [emoji13]

You probably can't see the link in his sig on your phone.

http://www.ledlightco.com.au

Sprock
28th December 2015, 08:07 PM
Ah Rito thanx mate I'll click on that [emoji106]🏼

Sprock
28th December 2015, 08:33 PM
Just had a look - thanks Nige for ya help [emoji106]🏼

Lights
3rd February 2016, 11:40 AM
New arrival.. 25" 288w Quad row light bars.

Flood and spot beam can also be individually switched if desired.

http://www.ledlightco.com.au/quad-row-light-bar-25-288-watt-96-x-3-watt-cree-chips-combination-beam/

MudRunnerTD
3rd February 2016, 06:21 PM
I have a photo of your efforts today ol mate........

You should mount some lights go the roof rack of your Ranger..... Wait a minute?? No roof rack!

BigRAWesty
3rd February 2016, 10:34 PM
I have a photo of your efforts today ol mate........

You should mount some lights go the roof rack of your Ranger..... Wait a minute?? No roof rack!
I think the drag of the quad bar would be to much for a ranger.. it would be a 1st flat out situation lol

MudRunnerTD
3rd February 2016, 10:56 PM
Nah Pauly had Out Riggers fitted to his! It Flies!!

Lights
4th February 2016, 09:11 AM
I would have got it home Darren. Maybe.. Just..

Nexus
6th March 2016, 01:30 PM
Hi,
Got any additional information on these http://www.ledlightco.com.au/double-row-light-bar-25-336-watt-48-x-7-watt-philips-chips-combination-beam-4d-optics/

Do they come with a wiring loom / high beam relay?
Are they ip68 or ip69k? the description and the photo's say both.

Thanks

Lights
7th March 2016, 09:07 AM
Hi,
Got any additional information on these http://www.ledlightco.com.au/double-row-light-bar-25-336-watt-48-x-7-watt-philips-chips-combination-beam-4d-optics/

Do they come with a wiring loom / high beam relay?
Are they ip68 or ip69k? the description and the photo's say both.

Thanks

Hi Nexus.
They are IP69 (Was a typo in description). We can supply a wiring loom which has provision to connect your high beam in to.

Cheers,
Paul

Lights
19th May 2016, 10:05 AM
LED Light Co are please to announce our appointment to Australia's GME Dealer Network selling quality communications equipment.
Our many years of experience in RF & communications allows us to tailor a solution to best suit your requirements.

Visit http://www.ledlightco.com.au/radios/ to see currently stocked items.

BigRAWesty
19th May 2016, 10:49 AM
LED Light Co are please to announce our appointment to Australia's GME Dealer Network selling quality communications equipment.
Our many years of experience in RF & communications allows us to tailor a solution to best suit your requirements.

Visit http://www.ledlightco.com.au/radios/ to see currently stocked items.
Well done mate..

MudRunnerTD
8th July 2016, 09:30 PM
I went and saw Paul today and spent some money but have purchased a Hot off the Boat LED Light Bar that outshines his premier range of Aurora bars about 500%! wow! I can't wait to mount it up and get in the bush.. I will see if it fits in the space on the GUIV and might invest in one for the GUIV too.

Paul has some great lights guys and for those ordering online he has a section of his shop setup especially for packing his mail order stuff and his shipping is often same day. Get on it guys.

Thanks Paul for some great deals bud. We need to go driving mate

DX grunt
8th July 2016, 09:38 PM
I went and saw Paul today and spent some money but have purchased a Hot off the Boat LED Light Bar that outshines his premier range of Aurora bars about 500%! wow! I can't wait to mount it up and get in the bush.. I will see if it fits in the space on the GUIV and might invest in one for the GUIV too.

Paul has some great lights guys and for those ordering online he has a section of his shop setup especially for packing his mail order stuff and his shipping is often same day. Get on it guys.

I need a link, because I might be interested. lol

MudRunnerTD
8th July 2016, 10:42 PM
I need a link, because I might be interested. lol

i just had a look on his site and they are not up on his site yet. Very Very kool lights though. Really is the Next Generation i reckon. 10w Cree LEDs laying down and shining UP! then reflecting at 90 degrees forward has created a Huge Output! Very Heavy light too. We tested the 42" curved Light bar and the 32" new one, The new one was clearly brighter with better spread and better peripheral light than the 42" Curved which i had my mind set on! The New one weighed at least 2kgs more than the larger 42" Curved bar too! Impressive!

BigRAWesty
9th July 2016, 08:45 PM
i just had a look on his site and they are not up on his site yet. Very Very kool lights though. Really is the Next Generation i reckon. 10w Cree LEDs laying down and shining UP! then reflecting at 90 degrees forward has created a Huge Output! Very Heavy light too. We tested the 42" curved Light bar and the 32" new one, The new one was clearly brighter with better spread and better peripheral light than the 42" Curved which i had my mind set on! The New one weighed at least 2kgs more than the larger 42" Curved bar too! Impressive!

Very cool.. Keen to see..

Out of curiosity on a different note..
Has anyone stripped down an aroura bar and re sealed it?
Mine has condensation inside it.. want to fix it before it damages the board..

Avo
9th July 2016, 10:57 PM

i can feel a write up coming on.......do it you know ya want to

BigRAWesty
9th July 2016, 11:47 PM
i can feel a write up coming on.......do it you know ya want to
Haha..
maybe..

NissanGQ4.2
10th July 2016, 04:57 PM
I suppose Paul doesn't happen 2 do waterproof aquarium lights by any chance???

DX grunt
10th July 2016, 06:27 PM

I had a cover made up for mine. Best $60 bucks I've spent. It only comes out from under cover at night.
I'll post a pic shortly.

Lights
10th July 2016, 08:44 PM
Hi Kallen.

We have stripped Aurora's down before and re sealed them successfully and I would suggest doing so before the moisture affects the PCB. It's a time consuming job to get right but certainly doable.

Hope all is well.

Paul

Lights
10th July 2016, 08:47 PM
Hi NissanGQ4.2.
Nothing specific for aquariums however take a look at these.. http://www.ledlightco.com.au/led-rigid-strip-lights/
They are not designed to be submersed but are waterproof and may suit our application.

Paul

Lights
10th July 2016, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the interest guys.
I am doing my best to get these up on our website but work has been busy and I don't have enough hours in the day to get it all done. It will happen, hopefully within the next week and I can post some pictures up for all to see. In the meantime I guess you'll have to take Darren's word as to how impressive they are!

Cheers,
Paul

BigRAWesty
10th July 2016, 08:51 PM
Hi Kallen.

We have stripped Aurora's down before and re sealed them successfully and I would suggest doing so before the moisture affects the PCB. It's a time consuming job to get right but certainly doable.

Hope all is well.

Paul
Thanks mate..
Yea thought they would be..
Cheers

Hodge
11th July 2016, 10:15 AM

Hi Darren, I'm really interested in a light bar and your post caught my attention.
I saw you also mentioned there is no link on their website yet, but could this be the bars? 10W Cree's ? Maybe Paul added them after you looked ?

http://www.ledlightco.com.au/10-watt/

Lights
11th July 2016, 04:02 PM
Hi Darren, I'm really interested in a light bar and your post caught my attention.
I saw you also mentioned there is no link on their website yet, but could this be the bars? 10W Cree's ? Maybe Paul added them after you looked ?

http://www.ledlightco.com.au/10-watt/

Hi Hodge.
Thanks for taking a look at our website however they are not the lights. I still haven't had a chance to get them up but here is a teaser..

mudski
11th July 2016, 04:54 PM
Hi Hodge.
Thanks for taking a look at our website however they are not the lights. I still haven't had a chance to get them up but here is a teaser..

Hurry up!!!!!!! Lol
I need one too. Well want one. My current light bar is a mobile fish tank at the moment. Still works though...

michaelgreeny
11th July 2016, 07:19 PM
Hurry up!!!!!!! Lol
I need one too. Well want one. My current light bar is a mobile fish tank at the moment. Still works though...

Second that! This is a definite need. Taking pre-orders?

Lights
11th July 2016, 07:38 PM
Second that! This is a definite need. Taking pre-orders?

I am happy to put peoples names against a bar. Sizes available are 12" (100w), 23" (200w), 27" (240w) & 37" (340w).
They are due to arrive in approximately 3 weeks.

michaelgreeny
11th July 2016, 07:47 PM
Cheers Paul,

Feel free to put my name down for a 37'.

Looking forward to it!

mudski
11th July 2016, 09:59 PM
Yeah I'll take a 37incher. Can you advertise the price here? Or pm me?

Lights
12th July 2016, 09:09 AM
Price on the 37" bar is $436 including forum discount.

mudski
12th July 2016, 09:36 AM
Yeah put my name on one please....

Lights
14th July 2016, 03:07 PM
Finally had a chance to get these up on our site..

http://www.ledlightco.com.au/10w-extreme-series/

mudski
14th July 2016, 10:45 PM
Finally had a chance to get these up on our site..

http://www.ledlightco.com.au/10w-extreme-series/
So how do we go about ordering for the discount Paul? Lights

Lights
15th July 2016, 11:02 AM
Give me a call 0352481621 or alternatively PM me your number and best time to contact you.

mudski
15th July 2016, 11:09 AM
Thanks I'll get onto it.

Sprock
15th July 2016, 11:06 PM
Just had a look at your website - you've got some good stuff there , I'll be in touch about some work lights soon .

AB
20th July 2016, 08:28 AM
Hi folks,

Just letting you know that Paul is continuing on our forum sponsor for another 12 months.

Cheers Paul and thank you for your ongoing support!

MudRunnerTD
20th July 2016, 09:27 AM
Good on you Paul.

I had a chance to unpack my new light on the weekend and took a couple of pics.

This is the new "Extreme" light. 1 of the Race Cars in the Winch Truck racing on the weekend had this on his roof, he has ran an Aurora bar for years. The Feedback from him was "OMFG Paul!! That Light Bar is Nuts mate"

I can't wait!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/215.jpg

Note the 10W Cree LEDs are set facing Up into a Huge reflector.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/216.jpg

Spot and Flood Combo

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/217.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/218.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/219.jpg

It's a BEAST!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!

Winnie
20th July 2016, 10:00 AM
Are you going to have this on your car at Licola?

BigRAWesty
20th July 2016, 05:47 PM
Good on you Paul.

Dam you. Now I need one for the gu..
Might throw the aurora on the falcon...

DX grunt
26th July 2016, 11:26 AM
Good on you Paul.

Just ordered mine. Hurry up please, postie. lol

Still got my 40" Aurora @ 200w. Looking forward to seeing the 340w hooked up and operating. At this stage, I'll be hooking up both. Most of my 'near misses' have been unexpected appearances from either the left or right hand side of my vehicle, not the front. I need to check out the flood spread on the newbie.

I'm still very aware of the brightness of the Aurora and Extreme brands, and will be driving and using them responsibly. The last thing I want to do is to put somebody off the road, due to their brightness.

Take care out there.

Rossco

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2016, 12:49 PM
Are you going to have this on your car at Licola?

No mate, thought about trying to get it fitted to the GUIV but did work on the GQ instead, really need to get it going.

sooty_10
26th July 2016, 01:52 PM
Will be interesting to hear a full comparison report once you get it up and running. Looking at a roof mounted bar in the not to distant future.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

mudski
27th July 2016, 01:56 PM
I have one on back order with Paul. Expecting them in October... MudRunnerTD Can you measure the height of this light with the brackets on please? I want to make sure its going to fit on the bottom side of my roof rack. I'm sure it will as I have a double row one there now. Just want to make sure....
Cheers.

Lights
27th July 2016, 07:48 PM
I have one on back order with Paul. Expecting them in October... MudRunnerTD Can you measure the height of this light with the brackets on please? I want to make sure its going to fit on the bottom side of my roof rack. I'm sure it will as I have a double row one there now. Just want to make sure....
Cheers.

I can have a measurement for you by tomorrow if you don't hear from Darren.

mudski
27th July 2016, 08:04 PM
I can have a measurement for you by tomorrow if you don't hear from Darren.
Yeah if you dont mind Paul. Mudguts is obviously busy packing for our weekend.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2016, 08:27 PM
lol. Paul if you can measure that would be awesome mate, i am pretty crook and trying to stay in the warm as the cold air into the lungs is knocking me about. I would have go out to the shed and bolt up the mount (not a big Job). will only take you a second in the shop tomorrow though.

Sorry Mark, I'm knackered mate.

mudski
27th July 2016, 08:45 PM
No probs Darren. Thought you were busy doing something. ... Seems like everytime i see you your crook mate.

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2016, 09:09 PM
No probs Darren. Thought you were busy doing something. ... Seems like everytime i see you your crook mate.

Kids in Daycare syndrome mate. its a killer.

Sprock
28th July 2016, 01:29 AM
Bloody daycare is the hub of all diseases mate 👎🏼 I've got 5 kids so I know ALL about it 😳

Winnie
28th July 2016, 06:25 AM
Amy works in daycare and she always cops it too

Lights
28th July 2016, 12:31 PM
Cheers.

Total height including mounting feet is 89mm.

mudski
28th July 2016, 08:57 PM
Total height including mounting feet is 89mm.
Sooo. That means you have one there with my name on it your using for measurement? [emoji1]

MudRunnerTD
28th July 2016, 09:20 PM
Sooo. That means you have one there with my name on it your using for measurement? [emoji1]

Nah he only has a little on there mate, I think it's 12" or something. Same mounts though.

mudski
28th July 2016, 09:23 PM
Nah he only has a little on there mate, I think it's 12" or something. Same mounts though.
And you had to ruin it for me didnt you. Lol.

MudRunnerTD
28th July 2016, 09:38 PM
And you had to ruin it for me didnt you. Lol.

Nah mate be happy cause ......... I got one!!!!! :p

sooty_10
4th August 2016, 02:07 PM
Lights I'm currently searching around looking at a light bar to go under my rhino HD roof bars. At the highest point on the roof I have approx 50mm to the bottom of the bar. I'm looking at your 40" Aurora style 200w bar which has a height of 44mm. Are you able to measure the overall height for me using the slim bracket it comes with. Also how much total $$ delivered to bendigo area.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Lights
8th August 2016, 10:33 AM
Hi.
The overall height will be approx. 47mm with the slimline feet. Freight to Bendigo will be $10

Cheers,
Paul

BigRAWesty
16th November 2016, 12:31 PM
Lights what sorta $$$ we looking at for a 27" extream bar mate posted to 5290?
I haven't dropped many junta to wifie yet for Christmas lol..

Lights
21st November 2016, 09:07 AM
Hey Kallen. You're looking at $349 + $15 postage.
Hope all is well mate.

Cheers,
Paul

BigRAWesty
22nd November 2016, 07:07 AM
Hey Kallen. You're looking at $349 + $15 postage.
Hope all is well mate.

Cheers,
Paul
Cheers mate.

AB
1st September 2017, 06:55 PM
Hi folks, I'm proud to announce the team at LED Light Co are staying on for another year as our forum sponsor!

For those of you who don't know about them, go to the first post and read through the immense positive feedback of their quality lights and exceptional customer service!

Avo
1st September 2017, 09:08 PM
Hi folks, I'm proud to announce the team at LED Light Co are staying on for another year as our forum sponsor!

For those of you who don't know about them, go to the first post and read through the immense positive feedback of their quality lights and exceptional customer service!

good news AB,have dealt with Paul,so easy to talk to,any questions shoot PM and he'll answer and willing to talk over phone.

MudRunnerTD
1st September 2017, 10:37 PM
Paul is a Cracker of a Guy and will always look after you. He owns what he sells and is straight up. Glad your hang'n around mate. we should go for a drive....

Lights
4th September 2017, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys.

Yes we should MudRunner. Gotta get that GQ done!

AB
4th September 2017, 06:21 PM
Thanks guys.

Yes we should MudRunner. Gotta get that GQ done!

Yes, yes he does!!!

Lights
2nd February 2018, 11:17 AM
For a limited time, we are offering FREE SHIPPING Australia wide across our complete range of products.
No order too big or small so jump on board and take advantage of it.

Paul

AB
15th August 2018, 11:49 AM
Hi folks,

I'm proud to announce that the team from LED Light CO have jumped on board for another year as our forum sponsor.

Thanks for your support gents and members have a read through this thread to see their products and the fantastic feedback from other members here for all things LED and more!

rusty_nail
24th July 2019, 04:45 PM
Thanks for your ******************** introduction .Seems another vendor is striking their own product in this thread?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NissanGQ4.2
24th July 2019, 05:25 PM
Seems another vendor is striking their own product in this thread?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Was but not now.............NO DEAL...... BYE :)

AB
14th August 2019, 01:30 PM
Hi folks, I am proud to once again announce that Lights (Paul) is continuing on as our forum sponsor.

Paul has been with us for a while now so thank you mate, your support is greatly appreciated!

For any new members, please check out his first post below about his quality lights and accessories, not to mention the pages of positive feedback from all of the members here.

www.ledlightco.com.au (http://www.ledlightco.com.au)

We are a direct importer/wholesaler of LED work/reverse lights, driving lights & light bars.

These can be used on anything and have an input voltage of 10 - 30 volts dc. Being fully water and dust proof the uses are endless.

Can be mounted in any position.

I stock a big range of led lights in square or round.
Flood/spread or focus/spot beam patterns available.

We provide a tax invoice with each purchase and will ship same day as payment is received.

Unlike alot of other online businesses, we do actually have a Bricks And Mortar Store where goods may be inspected and purchased. We are generally open 8.3 - 5 Monday to Friday and most Saturdays 9 - 12.

For a comprehensive list and pictures of every product please visit our website.

Cheers,
Paul

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2019, 08:42 PM
Not a bad bloke. Been known to get me in Deep Trouble though!! Good Lights!!

Winnie
14th August 2019, 09:01 PM
Yeah I have a pair of small extreme lights on the bullbar of my GQ aimed to the sides of the road and they are unreal! Unlike any other light bar I've seen. Would love to one day get a large one to go across the roof to replace the cheapo one I've got.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

mudski
14th August 2019, 09:23 PM
Not a bad bloke. Been known to get me in Deep Trouble though!! Good Lights!!

Yeah he's now known to get a few of us in trouble. Especially with "stage 2"!