PDA

View Full Version : Castor correction

Gabe
30th September 2012, 01:51 PM
Just put a 3" lift into my GU yesterday and was wondering about the castor correction bushes that came with the kit I bought, what exactly are they for and should I change them before I get a wheel alignment done? Still a bit new to all this so any help is appreciated

growler2058
30th September 2012, 02:38 PM
I would piss the bushes off and buy drop boxes mate. What they do is put your diff back forward where it should be. Yes they need to be done before a wheel alignment. Castor correction bushes are not the best fix and you will probably need to replace them regularly

Double Tap

Gabe
30th September 2012, 03:16 PM
I'll probably just put them in for now and do the drop boxes later, i'm guessing it wouldn't be wise to take it off road until they're in and a wheel alignment is done?

growler2058
30th September 2012, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't you may well damage something ay

Double Tap

Robo
30th September 2012, 04:46 PM
The thing is you need standard control arm bushes with drop boxes.
So you will end up doing bushes twice if ya go ahead with correction bushes before boxes.
Easyer to do the boxes and enjoy the better ride and handling.
Correction bushes dont support/flex as well as std bush and flog out quicker also.
If you own a press your sweet for labour $.
Pay twice for fitting bushes is expensive and possibly if not more expensive as just fitting the drop boxes in the first place.
And wheel alignments add $$$.
ebay about $360 delivered ( IN AUS ) for boxes.
make sure you get boxes that DO NOT require you to cut your chassie
cheers

Gabe
30th September 2012, 09:25 PM
Would it be harmful with just everyday driving like to and from work until i can get it sorted or is it something that should really be done beforehand?

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2012, 09:58 PM
You will be fine driving to and from work mate. Just beware that your car will be pretty sketchy in the steering and you will be inclined to get vibration and speed wobbles.

Drop boxes off eBay are a winner mate. Non cut type as stated.

Put up with it and wait for the drop boxes. Sell your correction bushes on ebay when you have the drop boxes.

MudRunnerTD
1st October 2012, 12:30 AM
Here is the link to the ebay Drop Boxes i have on my GUIV

NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-GU-FORD-MAVERICK-DROP-BOXES-3-6-INCH (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-GU-FORD-MAVERICK-DROP-BOXES-3-6-INCH-/221130795673?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337c6c2a99)

They are Awesome and easy to fit

Gabe
1st October 2012, 01:09 AM
So i'm guessing that means im better off waiting to do the alignment too?

patch697
1st October 2012, 02:50 AM
So i'm guessing that means im better off waiting to do the alignment too?

Yep...... You won't get a good one anyway with the castor out