PDA

View Full Version : Maxxi bighorns

Morton
28th September 2012, 08:40 PM
bit the bullit today & threw on a set of 33" bighorns on my GU, replacing the Cooper ST 33" I have had on for 5 yrs & 65,000kms, I have had some good feedback from Club members etc but would like a more general viewpoint from here, please give me your feedback as I have spent $1400 very hard earned coin

2TROLLFAM
28th September 2012, 08:49 PM
Brad had them on Amelia - he does a lot of driving on the road & they wore more than he had hoped BUT not as much as he was expecting from opinions he'd received. (They were on when he bought her)

Overall he was very happy with them. Great in the mud :)

threedogs
28th September 2012, 08:58 PM
Bit late for opinions now,. seeing you've already paid for them
Check the search engine theres been a few threads lately on them.
mostly good from memory.

Who does 65K in 5 yrs, not your daily driver I take

Morton
28th September 2012, 09:58 PM
yer that one is the daily 'school bus', tourer & mild 4wd'n, basically fun with the kids stuff, I have a work ute which we both flog to death plus I have a GQ 'Toy' for serious off road forays with the boys

threedogs
28th September 2012, 11:24 PM
Lucky bugger I say, But a lot of regos too eh?

nissannewby
28th September 2012, 11:34 PM
Try paying for 3 patrol regos in QLD now thats fun :(. You will get 65k out of em mate and the general consensus is they are a very good all round tyre that is very competitively priced. I am not a fan but plenty of people are there are better tyres out there but obviously you will be paying more for them. You will be very satisfied with your purchase

threedogs
28th September 2012, 11:39 PM
You only pay rego not third party dont you?? close to $700 down here
My bad that might be NT I was thinking of

nissannewby
29th September 2012, 12:08 AM
It cos me around $860 a year up here to rego a patrol it aint cheap but this is for a TD42.

MudRunnerTD
29th September 2012, 01:17 AM
Yep Rego on 2 Patrols, a Zook, 2 Bikes and a Volvo for da missus!!! damn that adds up! Not as fast as my latest bloody power bill though!!!! Damn!

threedogs
29th September 2012, 08:37 AM
Thats just rude, what justifies those prices, you must have great roads, and not looking forward to the electricity bill either
had a chance for solar on the house too, gunna be kicking myself if all reports are true, some bills double.