PDA

View Full Version : GPS version of maps, Eclipse avn827ga, GU8

schanmala
28th September 2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Guys, not sure if this goes here or Auto Elec...

I brought a new GU8 patrol and it came with an Eclipse avn827ga

Checked the maps and its got 2010 maps......um its a 2012 car!!!

Its $120US to upgrade to 2012 maps.

If you buy from Eclipse direct you get 3yrs, free upgrades..Factory delivered you don't.

Just wondering if anyone else has a GU8, can you check to see what version maps you have.
I'm gonna see the dealer about this soon.

Also I didn't get the cable harness to connect a Subwoofer.

Here are the steps to check the map version on AVN827GA

Select Menu screen, then select the following function
1. More…
2. Helps
3. About
4. Content
5. Maps (First row info)

Cheers,
Scott

jack
28th September 2012, 10:46 AM
Hey schanmala,

Just went and checked mine and it's also the 2010 version. Had my suspicions it wasn't up to date when I couldn't an address that was two years old.
Let me know how you go with the dealer, maybe tell them it's being discussed on the forum. I didn't even know about the cable harness to connect a Subwoofer. For the price we pay you'd expect to get the free updates.

Cheers

Ronin
28th September 2012, 03:20 PM
Hi schanmala,

I will alco check mine. Also the retail avn827ga comes with sterrig control for phone pick/hangup however nissan do not provide it in the OEM version even thhough the device supports it. Also the device supports AUX IN and the direct from Eclipse version comes with it, however nissan remove that cable as well.

threedogs
28th September 2012, 03:26 PM
Can usually tell when it tells you 2nd exit on roundabout, now its a major intersection with lights,,,,,,2 years later

Symmo
14th December 2012, 10:09 AM
Email below that I sent to Nissan today, will let you know of outcome. I also rang Nissan Australia who said that they were currently following this issue up with Eclipse but no expected resolution was forthcoming and I was told to take my issue up with the Dealership.

I am writing to seek resolution on my June 2012 purchase of a Nissan Patrol 50th Anniversary Edition which included Eclipse AVN827GA Sat Nav system, purchased from Lander Nissan in Blacktown NSW. I have recently become aware that the system software is dated 2010, although the purchase of the product was in June 2012.

Upon purchasing the said vehicle, the expectation from us – the buyer - was that the Sat Nav maps would be current to the year the item was purchased. Upon sale and delivery of the vehicle this point was not made clear, and in doing so I feel that I have been misled; the point I am trying to make is that I was misinformed at point of sale and the item is not fit for the purpose for navigating through Sydney safely due to the outdated maps.

Request Nissan Australia provide an updated 2012 version of maps suitable for the Eclipse AVN827GA Sat Nav System – approx cost is USD120.00 from Eclipse.

Also request a reply to this email No Later Than midday 12:00 hrs 21 Dec 2012.

Thanking you for your assistance and timely response.

vfamily
18th December 2012, 01:49 PM
cheers for the info I will chase them up as well

Symmo
18th December 2012, 02:45 PM
This is the response I received from the Nissan dealership in Blacktown Sydney;
"Thank you for your email regarding the satnav map dates on your 50th anniversary patrol. As you are aware the vehicle you purchased was sourced direct through Nissan Australia and the satnav was part of the promotion at the time. I have spoken to Nissan Australia regarding your concern and they have informed me that the navigation unit and maps were current at the time of purchase. If you have any other concerns regarding this please contact Nissan Australia customer support line on 1800 035 035 as the vehicle was supplied to us with the most current maps available at the time."

Getting a bit of a runaround so I have lodged an enquiry with Consumer Affairs NSW to see if it can be taken further. Will let you know outcome.

lorrieandjas
18th December 2012, 03:36 PM
This is the response I received from the Nissan dealership in Blacktown Sydney;
"Thank you for your email regarding the satnav map dates on your 50th anniversary patrol. As you are aware the vehicle you purchased was sourced direct through Nissan Australia and the satnav was part of the promotion at the time. I have spoken to Nissan Australia regarding your concern and they have informed me that the navigation unit and maps were current at the time of purchase. If you have any other concerns regarding this please contact Nissan Australia customer support line on 1800 035 035 as the vehicle was supplied to us with the most current maps available at the time."

Getting a bit of a runaround so I have lodged an enquiry with Consumer Affairs NSW to see if it can be taken further. Will let you know outcome.

Hi mate - thanks for the info. Something you should do too is jump on over the the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. Just something the forum encourages all new members to do so we can get to know a bit about you and your ride, etc. Welcome to the forum mate.

Jas

jack
18th December 2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks Symmo,

Welcome to the forum, as another 50th Anniversary owner I'm following this thread with interest.

Cheers

schanmala
18th December 2012, 04:58 PM
Followed up with my sales guy at Nissan.

Still following up.

I'm waiting patiently

Symmo
18th December 2012, 08:21 PM
Hi Jas, took your advice and went to the intro section. New to this forum business so hope I have done it right.

Thanks to Schanmala who started this thread, as I was none the wiser that the maps were so outdated. I have heard nothing so far from Consumer Affairs although it is registered with them. I received an automated email that stated it could take up to seven days for a response.....

Sir Roofy
18th December 2012, 08:26 PM
hi jas, took your advice and went to the intro section. New to this forum business so hope i have done it right.

Thanks to schanmala who started this thread, as i was none the wiser that the maps were so outdated. I have heard nothing so far from consumer affairs although it is registered with them. I received an automated email that stated it could take up to seven days for a response.....

my guess mate would be new year but been known to be wrong

sime
19th December 2012, 01:06 PM
Im interested to see if anyone gets the map updates. I have also sent Nissan Australia an email about the 2010 maps.

happygu
19th December 2012, 11:24 PM
I tried with the dealer I purchased the car from after I realized 2 weeks into ownership...no luck for me.

Symmo
21st December 2012, 08:59 AM
Hi Roofy,

Email from Fair Trading stated that their office will be closed 5 pm today and will reopen next year, so guess your right. I'm looking forward to see what their response will be.

It's dissapointing that Nissan Australia has overlooked current version of maps. Probably got a deal with Eclipse to increase their sales I'm guessing. And intentionally or not, Nissan did not make it known that the maps would be outdated by 2 years.

Not only the 50th Edition owners, this obviously affects all TI buyers and owners as well. So the more noise we all make the better our chances for current owners and future potential buyers of TIs to receive current maps to the date the item is purchased, as you and I would expect.

Symmo
19th January 2013, 05:37 PM
This is the response from Fair Trading.

Your concerns were brought to the attention of ##########(Can I name and shame I would), Sales Manager at Lander Nissan, who advised that the navigation system was provided as a promotional item direct from Nissan Australia. As the unit was provided free of charge and with no information as to the currency of the maps, he is not prepared to cover the cost of the upgrades. He does not believe you were misled as there were no claims made about the navigation system at the time of sale.

When NSW Fair Trading receives a written complaint, it is our practice to attempt to resolve the dispute through negotiations between the parties. Fair Trading's intervention results in the resolution of more than 85% of matters. Where resolution of a complaint cannot be achieved through negotiation, Fair Trading advises consumers of the other options that may be available to them.

Should you wish to pursue the matter further, you may lodge an application with the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal. The Tribunal provides an inexpensive and effective means of resolving consumer disputes and is capable of making enforceable orders. Please see the enclosed brochure and application form, or visit the Tribunal website for more details.

Blah Blah Blah..... At the end of all this, it's not worth the hassle to take it further and Nissan know this. I will just use my Garmin which cost around $100.00 and has lifetime free maps. It's also a lot easier to download maps to, as you need an SD card reader and the Naviextra website is a pain to navigate. Not happy Nissan, very dissapointed.

NissanGQ4.2
27th January 2013, 05:08 PM
From what I can tell from Eclipse's website there has been no map updates since 2010 for Australia anyway Symmo, so you will have buckles of getting an update for that unit from them or Nissan.

Got u by the balls on this one.

I would pull the main system out, pull it apart, put a couple of minor scratches on the circuit board, put it back in and claim warranty and tell them you don't want the original system in but something else.

But that's just me :):):)

Symmo
27th January 2013, 05:24 PM
Now that's an option I haven't thought of. Thanks for the info. I will stick with my Garmin (lifetime free maps), and consider your suggestion.

NissanGQ4.2
27th January 2013, 05:32 PM
Now that's an option I haven't thought of. Thanks for the info. I will stick with my Garmin (lifetime free maps), and consider your suggestion.

Yeh your Garmin may have lifetime free maps but it doesn't mean they update them ever year so you can still get caught out having old maps :(

Symmo
27th January 2013, 05:35 PM
A lot better than I got from Nissan and buying a brand new vehicle in 2012.

NissanGQ4.2
27th January 2013, 05:41 PM
A lot better than I got from Nissan and buying a brand new vehicle in 2012.

Your not wrong on that one, I don't care what brand vehicle I bought I would hope it came with up to date maps on the Nav system

NissanGQ4.2
27th January 2013, 05:48 PM
Disregard my comment on no updates from 2010, not sure what happened but just found a 2012 update u can purchase, I would take it to today tonight or one of those mobs

kmant
12th March 2015, 01:27 PM
Hi All,

I have just placed an order for a new Y61 ST Patrol (2014) and will be getting this avn827ga unit as part of it. Its not included in any offer, I am just buying it though Nissan, so I will be keen to see what version of map it comes with and the support. I believe the Nissan model number is something like ...500 fore the previous model and the one I am getting is a 510. I had a chat to their tech guys/installers and they showed me the install guide etc. As for updates they said it 200 dollars for updates. But as someone lese mentioned if you look at the eclipse site it states 3 years of free updates. I haven't got the car yet so I will be following this up also.

Heavyweight
12th March 2015, 08:33 PM
Hi All,

I have just placed an order for a new Y61 ST Patrol (2014) and will be getting this avn827ga unit as part of it. Its not included in any offer, I am just buying it though Nissan, so I will be keen to see what version of map it comes with and the support. I believe the Nissan model number is something like ...500 fore the previous model and the one I am getting is a 510. I had a chat to their tech guys/installers and they showed me the install guide etc. As for updates they said it 200 dollars for updates. But as someone lese mentioned if you look at the eclipse site it states 3 years of free updates. I haven't got the car yet so I will be following this up also.

I purchased a Titanium edition about a month ago, the maps installed were 2012, so from the Eclipse site, I downloaded NaviExtras and purchased the 2014 update about $120....(which is on par with most other companies) no use driving with outdated maps....

Anyway, about a week ago I got some mail from Nissan which contained an Elipse card with "redeem code" which gives me 3 years of free updates...

So I updated my maps again, which was good because there was a new 2014 Q4 update, the one I paid for was 2014 Q3.

Now I'm not sure if you will get the same or if all this was part of the Titanium Edition package

kmant
13th March 2015, 10:15 AM
thanks very much that's very useful information. and much appreciated.

vfamily
15th May 2015, 02:13 PM
are they easy to update?