PDA

View Full Version : MK Rear left and right passenger windows, what is the secret?

blakilox
27th September 2012, 12:15 AM
There has got to be a way to replace these windows.

MK 1985 2 door, Patrol Short Wheel Base

My entire MK is in beautiful condition except these windows, if I can come up with a window replacement or restoration it is the icing on the cake and then I will bother to do a full respray of the paint, then she should look like new.

Seems the GQ can be easily acheived, though the MK/MQ is rare and I see many people looking for a solution to these windows.

Have tried Rare Spares, 4x4 off road clinic, ebay (for weeks) ALL my local shops, Nissan dealer, Kmart, etc No Luck.

I am unsure of the mechanics as I haven't pulled them out yet for fear of making it worst, it looks like there is a Bailey channel, a frame and a Rubber involved.

I saw someone who put in Perspex, cut it to the shape, drilled small holes and screwed it in, then sealed with rubber edging, though that would scratch long term, Glass would be better though a solid window would be a fine way to go as it may never rust again.

Thanks heaps for any idea's, Garry, Alice Springs.

http://4ustralia.info/postimages/Nissan_Patrol_MK_Passenger_Windows.jpg

patch697
27th September 2012, 02:20 AM
I may need to be corrected here mate but I think GQ solid glass will fit MQ/K.... This could give you some more options if it is, the real trick is to find solid glass full stop.

Remove & refit isn't an issue either but if your not skilled in this aria it may be an idea to get a quote from an automotive glass fitters.

Bigrig
27th September 2012, 07:24 AM
Oz Auto Molds do after market replacements mate, and if they don't have them, I reckon they may at least be able to point you in the right direction.

www.ozautomolds.com.au

MQ MAD
27th September 2012, 06:01 PM
I may need to be corrected here mate but I think GQ solid glass will fit MQ/K.... This could give you some more options if it is, the real trick is to find solid glass full stop.

Patchy, for a wagon the MQ/MK/GQ rear side glass are a simple swap between models, BUT not in the shorties
OP,
Shorty rear windows frames/rubbers are rarer than rocking horse droppings specially with no rust
BUT keep an eye on egay, gumtree,or other online selling medias, maybe throw a wanted add on this forum
Your best bet will be buy a 2nd hand complete canopy for 50 or 100 bucks,with mint or near mint frames and rubbers,then either swap the complete canopies or unbolt the canopy side section, they unbolt at the roof and replace the canopy side
I had last year a good canopy with mint windows and frames, it sat here for near 18 months, ended up floggin it for a carton of beer as i was trippin over it all the time, so they are out there