PDA

View Full Version : queensland Easter meet manar park

macca86
26th September 2012, 09:06 PM
Hi ladies and gents. Just putting out feelers for an Easter meet up at manar park 4wd and motorbike adventure park www.manar.com.au its 40 a day for a 4wd and 5-10 a night for adults kids under 5 free I've emailed them for further details regarding how busy etc for Easter. Any thoughts or ideas or enough interest and in all ears and keen to do something like this

NissanGQ4.2
26th September 2012, 09:23 PM
mmm I wonder if I could organise myself for this one, any idea yet on how many days / nights or are you just planning a weekend thing???

bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppp, I love the sound of dirtbikes :):):)

Bigrig
26th September 2012, 09:28 PM
Why the hell not?? We should be right for it!!

macca86
26th September 2012, 09:30 PM
The Friday to Monday Easter long weekend dates as such would be 29th march to 1st april

macca86
26th September 2012, 09:31 PM
Never been but looks the goods on the website

Dhuck
26th September 2012, 09:44 PM
Would be great, but still a long way off.

macca86
26th September 2012, 09:49 PM
Just thinking it'll book out fast at Easter first in best dressed just getting an early indicator so I can use numbers to drive down prices

Sir Roofy
27th September 2012, 06:14 AM
Sorry mate wont be able to make this one

macca86
27th September 2012, 08:27 AM
Going on November 2nd to 4th to check it out if anyone Wants a trail run

nissannewby
27th September 2012, 08:48 AM
Ill be up for the easter run man. It is an awesome park and as I have said in the other thread you will need atleast 3-4 days there due to the parks size. The joint is massive I would be very surprised if it booked out over easter its probably the largest park in QLD. There is a river/creek that runs through the joint and is a great spot to chill and go for a swim. I will see as it gets closer but I may be up for the november run.

nickpeacock36
27th September 2012, 09:36 AM
The place looks great. I am very interested.

waz65
27th September 2012, 01:23 PM
At this stage i'll say yes i'm keen

2TROLLFAM
27th September 2012, 01:28 PM
We will have to be a NO :( Brad would be so upset if there are bikes around. His ex-wife pussy whipped him into selling his when he broke his leg on it 2yrs ago.

macca86
27th September 2012, 03:01 PM
That's his fault for being a girls blouse you and the kids just come then haha

Bigrig
27th September 2012, 04:17 PM
Do they keep the bikes and trucks separated?? I'm not a fan of mixed tracks either truth be told.

nissannewby
27th September 2012, 05:57 PM
Yes the majority of it is kept seperate some of the access tracks are shared but thats about it. The park is absolutely mssive and the bikes have their own motocross, supercross and over 200km of enduro tracks for them.

If it helps amelia I will probably take my bike along Im sure he could have a squirt on it :)

macca86
27th September 2012, 05:59 PM
As far as I know the bikes are up the front cars are out the back. I'm going 2nd of November to suss it out. Its 15000 acres of land 200km of 4wd tracks from easy to comp spec tracks

Yendor
27th September 2012, 06:06 PM
Sounds great, i'm keen.

GU CAMPER
27th September 2012, 08:50 PM
im keen for the easter meet and maybe go out there in November for a look

macca86
27th October 2012, 08:26 PM
So friday the 2nd of november jenni and I are heading here with some mates to check the place out all are welcome and I'll have some more details regarding an easter trip pending on how this pads out

ozzyboy
27th October 2012, 08:31 PM
the family and myself would be a yes for this at easter also. Have wanted to go there for a lil while now

ozz

lorrieandjas
27th October 2012, 09:48 PM
I'm pretty new to the forum and haven't met anyone yet but I'd be up for it. That's a definite not a tentative.

2TROLLFAM
27th October 2012, 10:12 PM
Ok ... Working on Brad and have to check calendar for where the kids will be (his & mine) but no longer a no, it's a maybe ;) hopefully ;)

Sent from Sharen's iPhone using Tapatalk ....

macca86
28th October 2012, 06:37 AM
I'm pretty new to the forum and haven't met anyone yet but I'd be up for it. That's a definite not a tentative.
If you wanna meet almost everyone contact bigrig he's the man in SEQ. I'll be on UHF 17 next weekend and Drive a white gu with a nissanpatrol.com.au sticker on the windscreen pm me if you wanna meet up at the park next weekend

lorrieandjas
28th October 2012, 11:18 AM
Sounds good! I'll PM you through the week and see if I can't get away for a bit!

Punderhead
28th October 2012, 01:38 PM
could possibly be in for this one will have to see closer to the date though. our family sometimes goes away over Easter, and they have priority.(unless I can't make the family trip like this year haha)

Cheers!

nissannewby
28th October 2012, 01:53 PM
could possibly be in for this one will have to see closer to the date though. our family sometimes goes away over Easter, and they have priority.(unless I can't make the family trip like this year haha)

Cheers!

Could always talk them into having the family trip at manar park :)

Punderhead
29th October 2012, 08:35 PM
Could always talk them into having the family trip at manar park :)

Well I reckon I could get dad to go for that, but mum and my sisters are quite a different story :)
Just been having a look at the website, and it looks like it a real combination of stuff, good to have a lot of fun, and I really want to meet all the forum blokes.

Oh please no family holiday, oh please no family holiday!!!

Cheers!

macca86
1st November 2012, 08:44 PM
Ok guys we're meeting at 7am tomorrow at goodna hungry jacks. We're on uhf 17 give us a bell.

macca86
4th November 2012, 07:16 PM
Ok so just got back. What a weekend so the park had Ups and downs I wanna check out emu park before deciding where to go for Easter
Pros, bikes and cars seperated except a couple of access tracks. The owners are super friendly, this place is huge, has a well equipped shop food supplies hot food etc. The maps are easy to read the camping grounds are huge clean flushing toilets hot water showers has dams and a river to swim in very nice.
The cons its a 5 hr drive bike riders driving from 7am to 6pm but most are behaved. Most of the tracks are pretty easy we did hard tracks in my patrol and 2 standard d22 navaras. There was harder tracks and night driving apon request park owners are happy to help.

Id go there again 2 nights isn't long enough really need 3 to make it worth while. I managed to get bogged in river sand 90 degrees from the track while turning around and sunk to the water table 2 hrs of digging to china and 100 snapstrap pulls later I got out haha soil liquification sucks a hole dug 1.5 x length of car by about 500 deep to turn it around and pull her out. Also done a tyre in and had 2 mates come off their bikes one grazed everywhere and one knocked out and broke a rib

NissanGQ4.2
4th November 2012, 07:27 PM
Bikes going from 7am to 6pm......that should be in the pros column :):):)

Sounds like a fun weekend away, any pics mate?

macca86
4th November 2012, 07:36 PM
Its fine with the bikes just gad a couple who thought it was fun to mono out the camp to hit the trails till he fed it and came off was funny to watch. Pics next week my mate took some we had a technology free weekend

Punderhead
8th November 2012, 09:19 PM
I was just looking at the emu creek website and it seems to be alright.

What date are you thinking of going to check it out? Depending on work I could be interested in tagging along (If you'll have me)

Cheers!

macca86
8th November 2012, 11:02 PM
Not sure mate I got the patrol in the shop getting some new boots and legs

Punderhead
15th January 2013, 07:51 PM
So have you got any updates on plans for this meet Macca, or has it fallen through?

Cheers!

macca86
15th January 2013, 08:27 PM
I'm leaning towards emu creek am unsure yet. I'll keep things updated closer to the time

GU CAMPER
21st January 2013, 05:51 PM
Emu Creek would be good to check out
Haven't been there in the 4wd before. Only on bikes years ago

macca86
31st January 2013, 05:35 PM
Please close thread
New Easter meet up plans located at http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17944-Easter-meet-up-emu-creek-extreme-retreat