PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 Ipad / Android tools??

oncedisturbed
25th September 2012, 09:08 AM
stumbled across several OBD2 Iphone /Android set ups on fleabay during the night and wondering if anyone has used them before and any thoughts on what they are like?

MudRunnerTD
25th September 2012, 09:54 AM
Link? not sure what OBD2 is??? Not my strong suit ;)

teno45
25th September 2012, 12:21 PM
I played with a Bluetooth obd2 until a while ago on android. Couldn't get it working on iPhone for some reason.

Good for temporary looking at something or fault finding. I wouldn't use as a permanent solution or something to replace a scanguage or similar.

Maybe if you had a mount for the iphone/ android device, for long trips it would be alright.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

oncedisturbed
25th September 2012, 02:55 PM
Link? not sure what OBD2 is??? Not my strong suit ;)

On board diagnostics tool :)

Bloggsy
25th September 2012, 03:36 PM
Hey OD, If you're looking at these for your 4.8 then I think you'll find they wont work. At best they will read codes. I tried a fellow clubbies Bluetooth/Android setup on my 4.8 and all it could do was read the codes (of which there weren't any at the time). The 4.8's have a funny setup from what I've read, in that they have an OBDII 16-pin connector but the protocol is Consult II. The best thing available at present is Nissan Datascan II siftware with a Blatz cable. See the info here Nissan Datascan II (http://home.exetel.com.au/nds/NDSII/index.php?content=home)

It will only work on Windows though.

It wasn't until I saw this post that it reminded me that I haven't tried mine out yet, so cheers.

Cheers,
Darren

NissanGQ4.2
25th September 2012, 06:34 PM
Hi mate

Have moved your thread to under Mechanical - Auto Electrical - On-Board Diagnostics.

I'm slowly trying to work out what Nissan Patrols use as their diagnostics protocol, as Darren said you will probable find it is an ODBII plug but it still uses the Nissan Consult II protocol, so anything that you see advertised for ODBII will not work.

I would stick to the Nissan Data Scan II software and cable, but unfortunately they are not currently supporting Android / Iphone / Ipad....

If you do decide to purchase software and cable I would really recommend emailing the company before buying and making sure your patrol is supported.

Cheers

Toddie

NissanGQ4.2
25th September 2012, 07:01 PM
OD, do you have links you can post up of the ones you were looking at on Fleabay???

oncedisturbed
25th September 2012, 07:20 PM
Cheers for the info guys, soon as i get on the pc will find the links and post them

Tap, Tap Taparoo