PDA

View Full Version : Someone knows where is located the blinker in a 98 GU??

Anaurath
22nd September 2012, 10:12 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if someone knows where is located the blinker that controls the warning / turn lights.

I bought a set of LED replacements and due to its higher resistance they blink too fast. I read a workaround consisting on shunting some power resistors, in order to decrease the load seen by the blinker, but in my opinion doing that is an odd solution (a little botch).

I would prefer to change the blinker using one of those adapted for running on LED. I've been looking under the steering wheel, but I'm not able to recognise it.

If anyone can provide some directions would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Yendor
22nd September 2012, 10:31 PM
The flasher relay is locate behind the plastic trim that sits below the steering wheel and above the pedals.

It's roughly in line with your left knee when you are sitting in the drivers seat.

If you remove the trim you will see it. Also if you switch the hazards on you will hear the relay clicking.

Anaurath
23rd September 2012, 06:19 PM
I found it!!!

Thanks a lot.

Regards

The flasher relay is locate behind the plastic trim that sits below the steering wheel and above the pedals.

It's roughly in line with your left knee when you are sitting in the drivers seat.

If you remove the trim you will see it. Also if you switch the hazards on you will hear the relay clicking.

Yendor
23rd September 2012, 07:47 PM
I found it!!!

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Good stuff