PDA

View Full Version : rear seat ratings

macca86
22nd September 2012, 12:05 PM
Hi guys talking a mate into buying a 7 seated patrol. His wife was told rear folding seats are only good for 25kg is this TRUE if not what is the rating she's looking at a tarago so help would be great and save my mate the embarrassment

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 01:00 PM
Macca86, just went through my manual [max ellery] not a single reference to seat capacity.
I thought rear seats were good for adults, be it uncomfortable. Fine for kids too big for capsules
I
ll check my owner manual

P4trol
22nd September 2012, 01:20 PM
So you need to diss the tarago.

Tarago has eight seats. Not really comfortable with eight adults unless you are a polygamist.

Tarago get bogged easily. They are severely limiting in both clearance and towing capacity. *

*yes I have bogged a tarago, and needed to replace bearings from towing too heavy loads over too rough roads. 2007 onwards have awesome aircon for the back.

Tipsy-tap

macca86
22nd September 2012, 01:27 PM
I have a 5 seat gu my owner manual doesn't have any reference to them. Any load ratings on the seats themselves

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 01:42 PM
Nah nothing here I've found, unless sticker on door somewhere, but never seen one.

macca86
22nd September 2012, 02:50 PM
Does anyone have any ideas

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 02:55 PM
Maybe log onto to one of the magizine sites, or Nissan, got to be some reference
I would say they are good to seat an adults, Front seats have no rating??
never heard of it before to be honest

P4trol
22nd September 2012, 02:58 PM
Legal to seat, uncomfortable for adults.

Tipsy-tap

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 03:12 PM
I've just read 4 road reports from various sources and not one rated the dickie seats.
just saying suitable for adults but uncomfortable like P4trol has stated already

macca86
22nd September 2012, 03:45 PM
Ok thanks guys mate wife reckons her friends sold their patrol because it says on the seat. Oh well I haven't been able to find any info on them

NissanGQ4.2
22nd September 2012, 04:24 PM
I would put my money on they are rated,

Have a look at below link macca............. rated dickie seats ( non patrol )

http://www.mobilityengineering.com.au/4wd-wagon-seats.htm

Seats available either single or in pairs.

XD-XF models approved to carry one child up to the age of 8 years old with a body weight of 26kgs.
EA-AU models approved to carry one child up to the age of 12 years old with a body weight of 38kgs.

Cheers

Toddie

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 04:31 PM
Those being non genuine would need a AUS standard or such,
could not find any rating for the OE seats,
that link was all passenger car but would be same for 4x4.
So the question would be are OE Patrol seats suitable for Adults???

macca86
22nd September 2012, 04:33 PM
Nissan website says st and ti models can carry 7 adults so I would go with that but unsure still

NissanGQ4.2
22nd September 2012, 04:47 PM
Those being non genuine would need a AUS standard or such,
could not find any rating for the OE seats,
that link was all passenger car but would be same for 4x4.
So the question would be are OE Patrol seats suitable for Adults???

I know they are non genuine and would need an AUS starndard as such but wouldn't you think the seats would even if OE need to be rated

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 04:58 PM
Another factor is they are sideways fitted not rear facing.
whole different kettle of fish there.
Personally I wouldn't like to travel in the rear
it just looks wrong.
Question still un answered

macca86
22nd September 2012, 05:03 PM
Frustrating isn't it fighting hearsay with hearsay I was after hard facts I'd hate to be chucked in the back 2 seats but they are for adults according to Nissan

NissanGQ4.2
22nd September 2012, 05:21 PM
Frustrating isn't it fighting hearsay with hearsay I was after hard facts I'd hate to be chucked in the back 2 seats but they are for adults according to Nissan

It is frustrating, but at the end of the day if Nissan say they are for adults, then your original question you have answered yourself :)

And if there is no weight rating stamped on the seat anywhere then I would say there are no ratings

macca86
22nd September 2012, 05:31 PM
I figured as much just trying to get the 25kg rating out her head that 2 of her friends told her stupid women she wants proof as she thinks in biased towards patrols anyway its her husbands fault told him to get a patrol instead he got a navara now they have their 4th kid on the way

NissanGQ4.2
22nd September 2012, 05:34 PM
At least he bought a Nissan, could of been worse.........could of bought a Ford *LMAO*

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 05:36 PM
I've thrown mine out as I was never going to use them, but is there a cloth tag on the seat
giving some stats, or near the seat belt?? suitable for up to such and such kg or years old

Yendor
22nd September 2012, 06:06 PM
If the rear dickie seats were only rated to 25Kgs then Nissan would have clearly visible warning labels stating this.

Just like they do for, children under the age of 12 must not travel in the front of air bag equipped vehicles and the maximum speed for space saver spare wheels.

I think she just wants a Tarago.

4 kids, tell them to go out and buy a TV....lol

macca86
22nd September 2012, 07:23 PM
Jenni and I want 4 kids

Clunk
22nd September 2012, 07:27 PM
Jenni and I want 4 kids

Good luck, 3 is enough for me lol..... Besides any more causes issues for carrying baby / booster seats

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

NissanGQ4.2
22nd September 2012, 07:31 PM
Jenni and I want 4 kids

may god help you and Jenni, 2 is enough 2 drive me crazy!!!!

Yendor
22nd September 2012, 08:04 PM
Have one, get 2 puppies and yourself a big screen TV

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 08:11 PM
so does seat have label, rum starting to kick in

Clunk
22nd September 2012, 09:39 PM
Mine don't

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

macca86
22nd September 2012, 10:29 PM
We shall be getting a dog for Christmas as a trial run have our first ivf meeting in November to do our baby plan all very exciting. We have a big tv already and a ps3 and patrol and I go hunting and still find time so bring on the kids in the last chance to continue my family name too