PDA

View Full Version : Has any one rewired their standard difflock in a GU TI

tricksgonefishing
21st September 2012, 05:19 PM
I was wondering if any one has tried to rewire their standard rear difflock in a GU TI as mine will only engage in 4WD and an alarm comes on if you go over about 40km/h. The locker does not always go in or out straight away so it would be nice to put it in and leave it in whenever I go offroad but the alarm gives me the shits and if you go back to 2H the difflock automaticly comes out again. I have thought about putting a switch in to supply power straight to the locker but it would be nice to keep the dash light to remind me that its in. Has any one else had a go at this?

Alitis007
26th September 2012, 02:46 PM
If you havn't noticed it turns the ABS off aswell so it might give the ECU a fault code. You might be better off buying an air locker and use the switch to activate that.

tricksgonefishing
28th September 2012, 09:43 PM
I have noticed the ABS now you mention it. I ight try dissconecting it and adding my own power supply from an aux switch and see how it goes.

Bulbous
29th September 2012, 01:54 AM
The reason it sometimes doesn't engage immediately is that it needs to mesh the gearing together so that it can lock. Sometimes it just drops in, and other times it takes longer for everything to line up.
Personally I only ever turn mine on when I'm stuck or facing something that I think needs the extra traction. Most of the time I leave it off.
I thought that it disabled the ABS in 4 Low only? Can't remember because I always remove the ABS fuse before heading off road.

Alitis007
29th September 2012, 10:36 AM
Turns off soon as you flick the switch in all drives. Tricks try giving it 12v streight on the diff and c hat happens