PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne to Byron

Cbates
21st September 2012, 12:24 AM
Hi guys, so my trip to Darwin has changed now its just my mate and me going up the coast to Byron. Got 2 weeks. Any reccomedations for cheap/free camping in nice spots and some basic 4w tracks would be really appreciated! Leaving tomorrow morning
Cheers

Maxhead
21st September 2012, 06:04 AM
We have used the Camp6 book for our trip and it has some unreal free camp spots around Australia

One of the best books you can find

Good luck

........... On the move

MudRunnerTD
21st September 2012, 07:50 AM
Thats an easy 2 week drive you should have a fair bit of time up your sleeve.

Check out South West Rock for a great little coastal Village and if your into Diving then there is a great little easy Cave dive off the coast there.

You should be thinking about detouring out to the Blue Mountains on the way home for some good wheeling i reckon but some locals should point you in the right direction.

Have a great trip and drive safe this school Holidays! Lots of mums and dads and kids on the roads and tracks mate.

sam697
21st September 2012, 11:58 AM
Thats an easy 2 week drive you should have a fair bit of time up your sleeve.

Check out South West Rock for a great little coastal Village and if your into Diving then there is a great little easy Cave dive off the coast there.

You should be thinking about detouring out to the Blue Mountains on the way home for some good wheeling i reckon but some locals should point you in the right direction.

Have a great trip and drive safe this school Holidays! Lots of mums and dads and kids on the roads and tracks mate.

If you are going to call in to Sth West Rocks, make a detour to Trial Bay and check out the old jail there. It sits up on the point overlooking the bay and the view is awesome. Great kebabs at Byron last time I was there too. Have a great trip and don't forget the pics :)

GU CAMPER
25th September 2012, 08:13 PM
If u are in the Byron area and keen for a wheel, send me a pm, as I live around Byron and will be happy show you around the area

Cheers Andy

Cbates
29th September 2012, 10:27 PM
Dang, sorry mate didn't see the message till now, was there then too. Thanks for the offer though! Appreciate it!

Cbates
20th November 2012, 08:49 AM
Got decently bogged in south urunga NSW at hungry head beach. Worth a laugh now! 22732

Lonicus
20th November 2012, 03:42 PM
Not sure if that's bogged or on it's way to being buried :)

Cbates
20th November 2012, 03:57 PM
Haha I had to be towed out by a tractor, nothing else worked

stevogq
20th November 2012, 04:01 PM
Got decently bogged in south urunga NSW at hungry head beach. Worth a laugh now! 22732

geez you lucky the high tide dont reach that high

Sir Roofy
20th November 2012, 04:30 PM
haha i had to be towed out by a tractor, nothing else worked

did you air down at all before going on the beach

Cbates
20th November 2012, 04:51 PM
Yea was about 35 mins off after we got out. And roofy we let down the tires just not enough. Bit of a rookie error but now I know!

Sir Roofy
20th November 2012, 04:55 PM
yea was about 35 mins off after we got out. And roofy we let down the tires just not enough. Bit of a rookie error but now i know!

good on ya mate least you had a go

Cbates
20th November 2012, 04:58 PM
Hah thanks mate, learn from your mistakes I guess. Was still a great story!

Lonicus
20th November 2012, 06:10 PM
lol Don't worry mate, I can see myself in that exact position once I get up north and start hitting the beaches :) Good reminder though to stay high on the sand.

Sir Roofy
20th November 2012, 07:52 PM
Hah thanks mate, learn from your mistakes I guess. Was still a great story!

very good story any more pics floating about

Cbates
20th November 2012, 08:18 PM
And keep your tires down! Yea I do roofy got heaps! Will post more when I get home 22759
This is our set up in Boyd town just south of Eden NSW.

Cbates
20th November 2012, 10:55 PM
heres more photos of the trip! seal rocks is an amazing place if you ever get the chance don't miss it! most beautiful beach I've ever seen!