PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problem

GBY61
20th September 2012, 05:12 AM
Hello,

Last year when I was in Sahara I must replace the clutch.The local mechanik replaced the clutch complet with Valeo and now the problem.In first 20000 km when I must start in to the hill I smell clutch now after 40000km when I loaded clutch whenI start to the hill the car is moving slowly.I'm talking about asphalt road when I drive 4x4 reducer then is no problem.I can no imagine what will hapen when I 'll drive the boat or trailer.I know I must replace it but what was wrong with this clutch?

Best regards,
Boris

growler2058
20th September 2012, 05:18 AM
Was the flywheel machined at the time mate?

Double Tap

GBY61
21st September 2012, 01:57 AM
Was not.Do you think this is the problem? I'll take now complet kit xtreme outback clutch or do you have another solution?
Thanks and sorry of my English.

Boris

happygu
21st September 2012, 06:57 PM
Hi Boris,

Sounds like your new clutch is not working well, and if you leave it like this it won't last long.

Do you have any free play in the clutch pedal, as it could be something quite simple as poor adjustment causing it to slip.

If the pedal is fine, look underneath for the clutch slave cylinder, and make sure that the pushing the clutch pedal makes the slave cylinder work right through the whole range of movement, and releases the pressure off the clutch fork at rest.

See how you go with this.

Mic

GBY61
13th November 2012, 06:21 AM
Hello,
So I was replace clutch with the new and the problem was with flywheel .I have give extreme outback clutch and it is crazy now :hpfredgeorge1::hpfredgeorge1:.

Boris