PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seats

s3uoq
16th September 2012, 08:51 PM
Just purchased a GU DX and was checking out the rear folding seats today and found the straps with cam locks but cant work out how you're supposed to hold them forward/folded with the straps as the seats dont just lock in the folded position. I have WRX front seats fitted so not sure if there was something on the original seats for strapping them to or not. Any ideas???

P4trol
16th September 2012, 10:32 PM
You are talking about the row of seats directly behind the driver?

Mine have gas struts. (gu still wagon)

Tipsy-tap

ku4er
17th September 2012, 05:15 PM
Mine have gas struts too

threedogs
17th September 2012, 05:52 PM
I just pull that lever on the side, they fold forward in two goes and stay there.
not sure what you want to know??

s3uoq
17th September 2012, 10:49 PM
Yeah I have gas struts too but they dont seem to lock the rear seats into the folded up position behind the front seats. My mates Pajero has small locking sleeves on the struts to stop them folding back to seated position but the patrol doesnt seem to have them but it does have these straps with the cam lock buckles. So I'm trying to work out how they are supposed to be used to hold the rear seats into the fully folded behind the front seats position. As mentioned i have aftermarket front seats so dont know if thats causing the confusion or not.

P4trol
18th September 2012, 12:25 AM
No locking mechanism, but I haven't noticed any problems with them falling back.

Could be just I'm a model driver in the 2.8?

Tipsy-tap

happygu
18th September 2012, 12:49 AM
You can take the strap up to the front grab handle at the top of the rear doors, and feed it around the handle back through the cam lock.

Mic