PDA

View Full Version : help!!

cold
14th September 2012, 07:15 PM
how ya goin,, i guess this has been well disscussed on here but im new , i have lost power in my 01 patrol and from wat we have got to is egr valve?, just wondering can i fix this problem myself, and what is involved. where can i find the info on site ? cheers

happygu
14th September 2012, 07:43 PM
I presume that you have a 3Litre Patrol.....if you have diagosed the problem as the EGR, then buy another one to replace it.

You can try Gary from Nizzbits, as he normally sells bits a little cheaper than the dealers themselves.

You could try blanking off the EGR, but this may still give you an error code, depending on what is wrong with yours.

There are numerous reference documents which detail exactly how to replace the EGR valve, so do a search for these and see what you can find.

happygu
14th September 2012, 07:45 PM
Search is in top right corner...type in EGR and see what you can find.

threedogs
14th September 2012, 07:49 PM
What area are you from,???? frustrating when no area in signatures
May be worth doing NADS now???

cold
14th September 2012, 10:32 PM
hi ,thanks can i just clean it or is it fd? have you had this problem

cold
14th September 2012, 10:34 PM
hey three dogs, im from south west W.A .wat is nads?

choochie
14th September 2012, 10:55 PM
Nissan Anti Detonation System?

Clunk
14th September 2012, 11:00 PM
It'll help prevent your 3 ltr from going kaboom........

Not saying it will but there's always a chance........... There's a lot of info on here in regards to what needs to be done, try the search function up near the top and search for NADS

Tap till ya can tap no more.....

NissanGQ4.2
15th September 2012, 05:59 AM
Some little light readind

http://www.chaz.yellowfoot.org/zd30_engine_problems.htm

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5526-Snicko-doing-the-NADS

cold
15th September 2012, 03:23 PM
thanks, do i need to take the inlet manifold off to get the valve off ?

the ferret
15th September 2012, 03:50 PM
No Mate, if it's the 3L, there are 5 bolts holding it on, why don't you just block it and be done with it'
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/egrblockzd302.png

cold
15th September 2012, 06:56 PM
thanks ferret, im just new to this and not sure which way to go, if i block it do i need to do any ecu adjustment or just put the block in, not even sure where to block it lol, im realy green , but would appreciate any guidance.

the ferret
16th September 2012, 12:07 AM
thanks ferret, im just new to this and not sure which way to go, if i block it do i need to do any ecu adjustment or just put the block in, not even sure where to block it lol, im realy green , but would appreciate any guidance.

Hi Mate, my advice to you would be to do a search "egr block zd30" everything will be revealed.
When you have decided what you want to do, PM me and I will supply the blocking plate with instructions.
Cheers, the ferret.

happygu
17th September 2012, 11:53 PM
Hey Ferret,

That's the picture we needed. Great Stuff.