PDA

View Full Version : Gu Nissan Patrol TB48DE

Brads4wdmad
2nd November 2010, 12:51 AM
Hi Guys and Gals
Thought I would post up some Pics of my TB48DE with the 5 speed auto

Has Standard Suspension running 33 inch Mickey Thompson Tyres, Red Arc Dual Battery System, Dvd gps System, Powerful 4x4 Roof Top Tent Roof Cage, Ironman Rooftop Tent and Annex, Ironman Awning 2.5M Right hand side with Mosquito netting, Ironman Awning 2.5M Left hand side with full Canvas Room Walls, Lightforce 240 Hids, and 90 000kms
Fuel Economy is between 15 - 16 Litres per 100kms and 17L Towing a 4wd Camper Trailer

YNOT
2nd November 2010, 07:15 AM
Nice set up, what do you think of the Ironman roof top tent?

Tony

Brads4wdmad
2nd November 2010, 08:34 AM
Nice set up, what do you think of the Ironman roof top tent?

Tony

Hi Tony

I have only just bought and Fitted the Whole Roof Top Gear to my Nissan but I really like how easy they are to fit to your car and how easy they are to Setup and pack away

The Quality in the Workmanship seems really good

Thanks
Brad

Bloggsy
2nd November 2010, 10:02 AM
Nice setup Brad and decent fuel economy out of the 4.8 too.

Brads4wdmad
2nd November 2010, 10:06 AM
Nice setup Brad and decent fuel economy out of the 4.8 too.

Thanks mate...
Yeh Im pretty happy with the Fuel consumption, I dont drive it really that hard though, Otherwise yes you can visually see the fuel guage moving lol

Bloggsy
2nd November 2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks mate...
Yeh Im pretty happy with the Fuel consumption, I dont drive it really that hard though, Otherwise yes you can visually see the fuel guage moving lol

Haha!! Yeah I try and use mind power to get the gauge to stop moving - lol!!! Nah, it doesn't work :frown: Just saw your post on the other forum as I was about to ask you whether you get the same fuel usage with the roof top tent etc... on.

BTW nice letter box, same as ours :bigthumbup:

Brads4wdmad
2nd November 2010, 02:24 PM
I havent Tested it with the Roof Cage and Tent etc on her Just as yet but I will be but i definately dont feel any loss of power or any wind noise etc
I took the Roof Tent off Last night as it doesnt fit in the garage with it all on as they were predicting hail here and guess what!
Yep as soon as i took it off and put the Patrol in the Garage the storm stopped....... Lol

patch697
2nd November 2010, 02:42 PM
LOLOLOL..........Murphy's law mate....hahahah

Very nice setup BTW & be sure to give us a report on it when you test it all out. I for one would be interested.

Finly Owner
2nd November 2010, 11:33 PM
I like the colour. Not white hahahahahahaaaaaaa........

AB
3rd November 2010, 12:11 AM
Very impressive mate, thanks for the pics. Havent seen many of the roof top tents but looks great from here!

Brads4wdmad
11th November 2010, 02:51 PM
A few more pics

Bob
11th November 2010, 03:03 PM
That is a great looking rig mate. Love the Colour

Brads4wdmad
11th November 2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks mate

MudRunnerTD
29th November 2010, 11:41 PM
hey mate, nice rig.

I tried to play with your pics to get them on here for you but they are HUGE files. Try hosting them into a Photobucket site and then post here without dramas mate. saves you having to post links and then they have to be opened individually by members.

Brads4wdmad
28th June 2011, 10:22 AM
As there was interest in my Rooftop Tent in previous posts I thought I had better pull my finger out and give my opinion on the Ironman Rooftop Tent and some extra pics

I find it very easy to set up and pull down, being new I did find the zippers on the Annex being a bit tight
I have 4 children and my wife and slept the 2 smaller kids in the Annex with Ample room....(easily sleep 4 kids with bunks)
I found the Canvas excellent Quality, no water leaks anywhere and it rained for a few days camping with the Waeco group in the Howqua hills Vic Easter Holidays 2011
The annex was perfect too, No water leaks here either and very surprised with how much room it has and we have had it in mild windy conditions and it handled very well to that also

There awnings are of great Quality too, Neatly made, presented and very water tight.......

nowoolies
28th June 2011, 10:33 AM
g`day Brad
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies
top looking rig and setup

Russell1974
28th June 2011, 10:41 AM
hey mate nice set up how do you find it when u want to go for a drive?

Brads4wdmad
28th June 2011, 11:03 AM
hey mate nice set up how do you find it when u want to go for a drive?

Hi there mate
Thanks

I dont really notice it up there when Travelling but what I do notice is those damn driving lights I have at the front of the Roof Cage...There very noisy with the wind flow

patch697
28th June 2011, 11:12 AM
Thats exactly the type of setup I have planned for my Rig starting with a roof top tent. The more I see them the more I want one.

A top outfit you got there Brad & an inspiration to ppl like me......

Thanks for the pics mate.

Cheers
Paul