PDA

View Full Version : Flexi, Flexi, New springs and shocks in.

WogsRus
13th September 2012, 09:34 PM
Well so my 2" lift installed dobinson springs, ProComp 9000 shocks. Front are perfect, springs just captive, rear could have been 1" longer, hay at $100 for two new shocks delivered i'll get another set for the rear.

Flex is great, the ride is as good as my billies on the paj, anyone looking for new shocks, i HIGHLY recomend the procomp ES9000 series.

Heres some pics

snewin
13th September 2012, 10:14 PM
Nice work, looking good.

MEGOMONSTER
13th September 2012, 10:19 PM
Where dya buy your products from.

healy
13th September 2012, 10:31 PM
Nice flex mate looks good

WogsRus
13th September 2012, 10:32 PM
Springs locally through my wholesaler and shocks from the USA, 4wheelparts, or you can try TruckSpring.

All up springs and shocks came in under 600. I highly recommend the ProCOmps ES9000, 10 stage multisensing and so nice soft when they need to be and hard when they need to be.

Bigrig
13th September 2012, 10:42 PM
Nice one mate. Looks as though the front was flexing really well also (we all know the rear does, but the challenge is to get that front end working hard - looks like you nailed that!!).

threedogs
14th September 2012, 06:53 AM
Doing what the GU's do so well.
FLEX, good one

WogsRus
14th September 2012, 07:32 AM
Pleasantly surprised how well the front flexes too, i have extended the front sway bar pins and the bar sits 3 -5 degrees below the horizontal line, seams to add to flex.

Only thing i have notices, if you chuck it into a corner in anger, say to the RH, the weight transfer is such, that the RH wheel is unloaded and looses caster, pulling the car into the corner. Steering feels fine normally b ut i suspect i might need castor bushes.

nissannewby
14th September 2012, 08:02 AM
Dont bother with castor bushes you wont be able to feel the difference. The GU's flex slightly better due to a different design in your radius arm bush and also the diffs are swider adding to the leverage that is able to be applied to the suspension to make it work. Its normally when you go beyond a 2" lift that you will find the limits of the radius arm design pretty quickly.

WogsRus
14th September 2012, 08:16 AM
Yeah but the steering is a bit concerning at speed in tight corners. Basically the car will pull into the corner, you can take your hands of the steering wheel and it will keep turning the wheel, you actually need to hold it quite hard for it not to dive under you.