PDA

View Full Version : 4.2

Sir Roofy
13th September 2012, 01:07 PM
Have a mate just purchase a 4.2 turbo gu wagon
with gas injection ,with the gas going in the same place as the hose from the rocker cover,would it cause a problem if we fitted a provent 200 catch can
what would your thoughts be on this
thanks in advance roofy

MudRunnerTD
13th September 2012, 01:14 PM
Your going to cut into the return line from the PCV to install the Provent so i am not sure there is any problem with that. I dont have a Provent on either of mine but i assume that there is a line that goes from the provent back to the intake? if thats the case then its just cleaning the air? the air is still there. I cant imagine that the LPG has any reliance on that though.

Newby is likely to be your man on that though Roofy, if he does not reply pm him.

Bigrig
13th September 2012, 01:16 PM
Hmmm ... others will weigh in no doubt, and this is my understanding only.

The catch can will still do the same job as such with regard to oil, however, unexpended gas vapour is no where near as much a problem as petrol and diesel. Having it recirculate is not an overly bad thing (and with mixture right, most of it is burned off anyway due to higher combustion rate and temp) and generally is expelled in the exhaust cycle anyway. Due to not having carbon deposit issues with gas the catch can isn't required to 'clean up' the waste vapour you'd normally experience clogging the engine with petrol and diesel.

Not sure on how much benefit if only doing its thing for oil, but again, others will have far more idea on this than me old mate.

nissannewby
13th September 2012, 01:40 PM
Should be fine to run it there as long as the gas injection stays as close to your intake pipe as possible

Sir Roofy
13th September 2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks guys much appreciated should work out fine