PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning MAF sensor

Calum
9th September 2012, 11:06 PM
Has anyone removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it? I have just had a 3inch exhaust fitted and the recirc. valve blanked off. I thought that it might be a good idea to clean the MAF as it may (will) have been junked up somewhat previously. If it is to be done, how often and how easy is it?
Cheers, Calum

TUR7LE
10th September 2012, 12:00 AM
Wat car is it on mate ... If its a 3ltr it's quite easy all u will need is a torque bit ... Make sure the key is not in the ignition or to be safe take the battery of . Then just unplug it then unscrew the 2 torque screws then Pull it out the clean with some sort of contact cleaner ..... I would clean it e ery service as its easy to do n is cheap insurance

grimace
10th September 2012, 08:42 PM
g'day calum, there is a cleaner called CRC maf sensor cleaner you can buy it from supercheap auto but ther are also other brands out there i'm sure. just make sure you don't use carby cleaner and try to hold the plastic part don't touch the other bit as they are easily damaged cheers....

P4trol
10th September 2012, 09:20 PM
Or CO contact cleaner. The main point is that it leaves no residue when it dries.

Tipsy-tap

ku4er
17th September 2012, 05:17 PM
I cleaned mine? on tb45 with " carb cleaner" now runs good.

Morton
19th September 2012, 08:15 AM
I did mine last weekend & made a big difference, starts up better, idles better & smoother through the rev range, I thought it was all bollocks when I heard about it, I used a dedicated MAF cleaner

Bob
19th September 2012, 08:38 AM
Just a Point. Remember to disconnect the Battery after cleaning for a couple of hours to reset the ECU.