PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of bad fuel

growler2058
9th September 2012, 12:44 PM
Anyone heard of this before.
had a jeep Cherokee and filled up for a 5hr drive home was a raging effkn hot day (High 40's) and 2hrs in shes coughing farting loosing speed, couldnt have the ac on wife pregnant and dog near on dying not to mention poor me. Had to stop and let it cool down every 10k's and get going again. I thought it was fuel vaporisation (petrol) in the end we had to stop and phone a friend to come to the rescue. Anyway a country RAA bloke rekons it was winter blend fuel that i was using and to top it up from another servo, which i did and wallah was good to go again. Will never know if it was sh1t fuel or the "winter" blend. Best thing to come from it though was to sell the effer and buy a diesel woo hoo on ya Agatha.
And a diesel Prado for wife later. I'll never own a petrol 4b again it was almost a near death experience hahahaahhaa specially for BoB the dog poor bugger

Winnie
9th September 2012, 12:54 PM
had a jeep Cherokee

That was your first mistake.

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

mrflibbles
9th September 2012, 01:06 PM
have heard of winter summer type fuels but i think the were a diesel thing? i could be very wrong!