PDA

View Full Version : Possible Trip to Qld

MEGOMONSTER
7th September 2012, 07:15 PM
I have never driven to Qld wondering what the best and fastest way from Victoria and as people are preparing for Neerim just thought I'd ask. Perhaps a town by town road trip mapping out.

threedogs
7th September 2012, 08:35 PM
Depends where you want to finish up, I'd go inland on the way up and come home via the coast.
When I do the Tip next year I'm going via Birdsville heading nth, other wise same s#%t different day
You already know how boring the Hume is

Sir Roofy
7th September 2012, 08:50 PM
depends where your going
up newell is a good run

Bigrig
7th September 2012, 09:25 PM
Hate the Pacific highway, boring and full of roadworks currently. Not sure on how the Newall etc is these days, but used to take it from Canberra and Cowra just for something different. Key is, who's travelling?? If just you, or just you and the missus, inland is more of a "let's just stop here" trip ... Pacific is quite the opposite - lets get the hell to the next town and see what's what ... and usually,nothing is what!! lol

My 2c

MEGOMONSTER
7th September 2012, 11:03 PM
It will be a boat in tow kinda a trip, straight up to Noosa to see some friends and fish the Noosa river in my boat then slowly make our way down the coast.

Bigrig
7th September 2012, 11:11 PM
It will be a boat in tow kinda a trip, straight up to Noosa to see some friends and fish the Noosa river in my boat then slowly make our way down the coast.

Hmmm ... go Pacific - yep, crappy, boring run, but ....

And don't forget to let us qld'ers know when you're here so we can catch up for a coldie.

happygu
7th September 2012, 11:41 PM
Definitely quicker going up the Newell Hwy, and head across towards Brisbane from Goondawindi.

From there it is up to you, whether you skirt around Brisbane or go through Brisbane. Depends what you want to see on the way through.

Mic

nissannewby
8th September 2012, 08:51 AM
x2 quicker up the newell and its a much nicer drive. The coast road is boring :)

MC97GQ
8th September 2012, 09:06 AM
x3 on the Newell, there are a lot of sections between centres that are 110 so it is a much quicker trip. Scenery is great along the way.

There are a lot of trucks on the Newell, but there are plenty of overtaking places. Once you get further north there are plenty of places to get back over toward the coast via Tamworth, Armidale etc.

Enjoy the trip mate.

Bob
8th September 2012, 10:27 AM
Definitely quicker going up the Newell Hwy, and head across towards Brisbane from Goondawindi.

From there it is up to you, whether you skirt around Brisbane or go through Brisbane. Depends what you want to see on the way through.

Mic

Definately the way to Go

MEGOMONSTER
8th September 2012, 02:37 PM
I think I remember going that way as a kid with my old man.
We normally fly up but I really want to take the boat but I don't think the Missus wants to drive.
I am a terrible long distance driver, 3 hours to Yarrawonga and my eyes are already shutting down.

stock patrol
10th September 2012, 11:29 PM
Quickest way is probably up the Newell Highway through West Wyalong, Dubbo, Narrabri, onto Goondiwindi then go via Pittsworth and Toowoomba. From there you can choose to go into Brisbane then up to Noosa or cut across from Toowoomba to the coast through Kilcoy.

my third 256
11th September 2012, 09:03 AM
fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly, fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,,f ly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,
boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,
save a heap on time, money and accomodation and the wife is happy

Ben-e-boy
11th September 2012, 03:11 PM
I would go up in land and back the coast, the pacific hwy is boring as already stated but south of sydney is ok. If you have the boat in tow I would definatly be stopping frequently south of sydney. great fishing. I grew up on the coast east of nowra. plenty of nice places to stay and fish.

Bob
11th September 2012, 03:18 PM
Up the Newell Highway there are quite some large towns that you can stay over for the Night and split the trip over 2/3 Days. Easy comfortable Driving. Good Road the last trip I made

MC97GQ
12th September 2012, 07:27 AM
I would go up in land and back the coast, the pacific hwy is boring as already stated but south of sydney is ok. If you have the boat in tow I would definatly be stopping frequently south of sydney. great fishing. I grew up on the coast east of nowra. plenty of nice places to stay and fish.

Agree 100% with Ben, Once you get down my way the Coast is Fantastic, Bermagui, Tathra, Pambula then further south to Eden and Mallacoota. Great places to throw a boat in or even just to visit. Not totally spoiled yet.

Mark

Bigrig
12th September 2012, 07:34 AM
Don't care how you travel, and what route you take ... just be safe and be sure to call in on me for a few beers!!! lol

Silver
12th September 2012, 07:58 AM
there are one or two tinny hire places on the Noosa. I've never checked them out.

There is info in the back of either or both of Queensland Fishing Monthly, or Bush 'n Beach from charter operators advertising their services. It has been a while since I looked, but often the regional report comes from a charter operator.

Are you interested in freshwater impoundments? Glen Lyon Dam, 70 ks West of Tenterfield is pretty big with plenty of options, and the Dare's run a great caravan park.

Bigrig
12th September 2012, 08:02 AM
there are one or two tinny hire places on the Noosa. I've never checked them out.

You can come to my place for a few "free" tinnies ...

Ohhhhh ... I see .... Boats!! Right, with you now ... lmao

Silver
12th September 2012, 08:05 AM
We will be hiring that more important kind of tinny if the Feds follow SA with a container recycling scheme :-)

MEGOMONSTER
12th September 2012, 10:06 PM
fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly, fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,,f ly,fly,fly,fly,fly,fly,
boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,boat charter,
save a heap on time, money and accomodation and the wife is happy

That's what we've done the last 15 times we've gone up to Noosa.

MEGOMONSTER
12th September 2012, 10:07 PM
Don't care how you travel, and what route you take ... just be safe and be sure to call in on me for a few beers!!! lol

How bout a few JD's instead.

MEGOMONSTER
12th September 2012, 10:12 PM
Agree 100% with Ben, Once you get down my way the Coast is Fantastic, Bermagui, Tathra, Pambula then further south to Eden and Mallacoota. Great places to throw a boat in or even just to visit. Not totally spoiled yet.

Mark

Would really love to stop in Narooma for a week

MEGOMONSTER
12th September 2012, 10:16 PM
Are you interested in freshwater impoundments? Glen Lyon Dam, 70 ks West of Tenterfield is pretty big with plenty of options, and the Dare's run a great caravan park.

Love COD fishing, I fish the Murray river a lot, Lake Mulwala an awful lot, Eildon once or twice a year

Cuppa
12th September 2012, 11:42 PM
Not the fastest way, but the best way I've done it was between Bundaberg & Gippsland, basically staying in the Great Dividing Range as much as possible when I bought a troopy up there & drove it home. A mix of bitumen & good dirt roads.

Cuppa

ozzymalone
14th September 2012, 09:42 AM
Hey mate, my input. Newell for the win on the way up. Great freshwater fishing for Cod at Glen Lyon Dam (near Tenterfield) and also Storm King Dam (much smaller but the biggest COD i have ever seen was pulled out of here- near Ballandean). If you like fresh water try spend some time around Kyogle (Toonumbar Dam (Toonumbar NP- There is also the occasional bout of Glow Flies if you have kids...its pretty awesome!), stocked with Bass, yellowbelly and all the "usual suspects"....If you like a bit of smoked Eel try Clarrie Hall dam. Beautiful spot to pull up, relax and just enjoy the scenery. Coast road is a pain but nice fishing if you follow some of the Northern rivers, lots of flattie, bream & assorted light tackle species.

My 2C

MEGOMONSTER
14th September 2012, 11:18 AM
The more people fish talk this up, the more I want to do it.

MEGOMONSTER
18th September 2012, 10:20 PM
I think the wife has suggested we do the QLD drive but not sure how long. I wanna do, at least a 3 week trip.

Tapperty tap 1000 taps for me.

happygu
19th September 2012, 12:18 AM
3 Weeks, and make sure that you make a trip out of it, and get out to Moreton or Fraser Island for at least a week....they are both great fun.

Mic

macca86
19th September 2012, 04:23 AM
They had it wrong for ww2 anything north of Brisbane is worth saving sell up pack up and stay here mate never head back save you a return trip haha

MEGOMONSTER
19th September 2012, 06:34 PM
They had it wrong for ww2 anything north of Brisbane is worth saving sell up pack up and stay here mate never head back save you a return trip haha

My Missus has been nagging me for ages to move to Noosa/Noosaville.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Ben-e-boy
20th September 2012, 10:14 AM

Mark

yep I live in qld now and it does have good beaches and surf, but it dosnt beat the south coast of NSW, not close IMO

Would really love to stop in Narooma for a week

I love narooma, the pub on top of the hill on the main street has a fantastic view of the ocean

The more people fish talk this up, the more I want to do it.

well I will add my 2 cent then. At the mouth of jervis bay there is a fishing spot called the tubes, It is the only place in austraila where you can catch big game fish from land, jervis bay itself is protected from ocean swell beside south to south east swell, with a vast range of species to be be caught, it does have some protected areas but the local fishing shop will let you know where you can and cannot fish

MEGOMONSTER
5th October 2012, 08:02 PM
It's looking like the drive is happening. Accomodation booked in noosa, still trying to convince the Missus to drive up with the boat. Nearly there I think.
Bought her a new diamond ring, well rings as it is a three set, so in good books big time.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

MEGOMONSTER
21st November 2012, 05:53 AM
Ok so where will be my first stop on the way up.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

Lonicus
21st November 2012, 07:06 AM
My Missus has been nagging me for ages to move to Noosa/Noosaville.

Smart lady your wife :)

Prices in Noosa/Tewantin now are at rock bottom. We bought a house there a couple of months ago for what we believe was a steal.

Now we're busy packing boxes, getting rid of stuff and sprucing up our current house for sale in preparation for our move north next year :)

If you come through, or near, Bathurst yell out and we can grab a cuppa!

macca86
21st November 2012, 07:39 AM
Brisbane to meet up with everyone

Dhuck
21st November 2012, 08:52 AM
Brisbane to meet up with everyone

Sounds like a plan. I like meet ups. Nice [gulp] to [gulp] meet [gulp] you[gulp]. lol

MEGOMONSTER
24th November 2012, 04:09 PM
I must remember to have the bearings checked and greased on the boat trailer before heading off

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

MEGOMONSTER
24th December 2012, 02:26 AM
Not long now, will be leaving here the 28th Dec. We will be stopping in Robina, just south if Gold Coast one night to see friends, still not sure where to stay in between here (Melbourne) and there (Robina). I guess I need to play it by ear and see how tired I get. As I am a well known long distance driving sleeper ( the meds ). Boat had a super wash on the weekend. Bought some bearing grease and gun to do the trailer. Not sure if the red cap on the bearings is important , as I noticed one missing. I bought two new rods and two new reels for this occasion (well that was my excuse).

happygu
24th December 2012, 07:28 AM
Leaving from Melbourne with an uneventful trip should get you to around Coorabarabran, depending on how early you like to stop.

There is usually plenty of accomodation along the way, so your wife should be able to pick where she wants to stay.....

MEGOMONSTER
27th December 2012, 12:39 AM
Now decided to leave on the 29th not the 28th, still gives me three days to get every where I need to go. Now I have an extra stop in Brisbane for a quick visit to NissanNewby.

MEGOMONSTER
28th December 2012, 03:34 PM
One more sleep and were off, packing the boat and car now. Ready for an early take off.

Lonicus
28th December 2012, 03:50 PM
Good luck getting any sleep tonight :)

AB
28th December 2012, 04:11 PM
So jealous mate!!!! Drive safe, no rush bud!!!

MEGOMONSTER
28th December 2012, 05:44 PM
Good luck getting any sleep tonight :)

I'm pretty rooted getting everything round the house finished I've had 9 bourbons already. So pretty much gonna sleep like I'm unconscious.
Boat is packed, locked and covered. Just need to check air pressure 2morrow morning.
Clothes we'll do, after dinner at the sister in laws.

Sir Roofy
28th December 2012, 05:57 PM
drive safe mate and take care out there

Lonicus
28th December 2012, 07:03 PM
I'll have to try that Mego, I normally wake every hour the night before a trip.

Have a great and safe trip mate, look forward to the updates.

MC97GQ
28th December 2012, 07:47 PM
Travel safe mate,

Have you picked a route there and back?

Mark

threedogs
28th December 2012, 09:52 PM
get newby to check that weld too, he may have mig and put heaps on it

MEGOMONSTER
28th December 2012, 11:42 PM
get newby to check that weld too, he may have mig and put heaps on it

I'll do that. Sounds good to me.

MEGOMONSTER
28th December 2012, 11:43 PM
I'll have to try that Mego, I normally wake every hour the night before a trip.

I think you jinxed me, I'm still awake but I did only just get home and I've been trying to fix my HID spotties. Hopefully I'll get a few good hours in.

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 05:18 AM
Slept well enough, 4 hours anyway. Gonna be a tough 10 hours.

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 07:00 AM
lol sorry mate.

Plenty of coffee and breaks and it'll be good.

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 07:15 AM
I actually feel pretty good, couple of strong coffees in the morning and a berocca in the car. Not supposed to have Red Bull with my heart condition, hopefully it won't kill me.

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 07:19 AM
You might have to give the co-pilot a turn in the Captain's chair :)

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 07:26 AM
She's been sleeping since we left home

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 07:33 AM
Perfect, she'll be nice and fresh for a stint behind the wheel later.

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 07:38 AM
I'll probably get her to do (depending how I feel) Albury to Goulbourn or most probably Goulbourn to Sydney

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 07:50 AM
23817poor doggy, hope no one rear ends him. And the passenger seat was empty when I overtook him.

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 08:02 AM
Some people just don't think do they. Even a decent bump in the road could eject the dog and the owner wouldn't even know it.

Bob
29th December 2012, 08:14 AM
23817poor doggy, hope no one rear ends him. And the passenger seat was empty when I overtook him.

That is unbelievable .

Whereabouts are you mate ???

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 08:18 AM
That is unbelievable .

Whereabouts are you mate ???

Only in Euroa

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 08:21 AM
Princess Natalie, woke from her slumber only to put the car sun shades and is sleeping again already. 23818

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 08:27 AM
lol you're lucky mate, my wife is a stressed mess as a passenger. She's sure that every animal, car and truck we pass is going to make a b-line into us.

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 09:08 AM
lol you're lucky mate, my wife is a stressed mess as a passenger. She's sure that every animal, car and truck we pass is going to make a b-line into us.

I won't be overtaking anyone when she gets up. I know that for sure.
"Why you speeding", "Slow down".
Mind you I'm only cruising about 113-115kph

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 09:16 AM
Sitting in 115kph with a boat in tow, boost is steady at 11psi, EGT sitting between 450-500 degrees celcius

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 10:07 AM
Stopped in Albury for coffee and breakfast.

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 10:09 AM
I won't be overtaking anyone when she gets up. I know that for sure.
"Why you speeding", "Slow down".
Mind you I'm only cruising about 113-115kph

hahaha and lookout if you take a corner or curve at a speed that induces any sort of lateral movement of seated passengers :)

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 10:10 AM
Sitting in 115kph with a boat in tow, boost is steady at 11psi, EGT sitting between 450-500 degrees celcius

Sounds like it's doing it very easily.

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 10:40 AM
So far so good, except Missus woke up with a migraine, which means she won't drive. For now anyway.

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 10:57 AM
Bummer mate, hope it passes quickly.

Bigrig
29th December 2012, 11:29 AM
See you when you get here!!! lmao

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 11:56 AM
See you when you get here!!! lmao

Could be a while

growler2058
29th December 2012, 12:28 PM
So far so good, except Missus woke up with a migraine, which means she won't drive. For now anyway.

Quick!! Get her a teaspoon of cement! Hahahahahahahashaha

HaveA tapped out new year

93patrol
29th December 2012, 12:31 PM
and a big bottle of water to wash it down with

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 01:14 PM
She's asleep again

MC97GQ
29th December 2012, 01:19 PM
Could be worse mate, you could have a car full of kids going "are we there yet?"

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 01:37 PM
Hello canndberians!

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 02:13 PM
It's the wife here, the one who needs some concrete. If anyone wishes to take my place feel free as the most exciting thing I experienced was the wind turbines. Also not good travelling with a migraine,, oh jetstar. Anyway MEGOMONSTER will be on shortly to report his adventures.

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 02:50 PM
Stopped in Goulburn for a toilet drinks break. 23825
Last leg for today last stop Newcastle.

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 03:18 PM
Looks like the sheep there has had a teaspoon or two of cement :)

Hope the headache is going or gone by now Mrs Mego (Mrs Monster didn't sound right).

Melbourne to Newcastle, that's a big day on the road mate!

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 03:53 PM
It's been a really great trip so far. The roads are good no major headaches, apart from the mrs headache. But I have not seen so many hills like this before. The patrol has handled it well.

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 04:08 PM
Good to hear!

Can't wait to do a big trip in the new Patrol, the destination will be the same as yours too :)

growler2058
29th December 2012, 05:04 PM
apart from the mrs headache.

Guess you won't be rolling the leg over tonight :)

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 06:11 PM
Mrs MEGO here, again. He can give me his panadol to cure my headache anytime. Don't underestimate the MEGOMONSTER.

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 06:13 PM
Mrs MEGO here, again. He can give me his panadol to cure my headache anytime. Don't underestimate the MEGOMONSTER.

lol you've been served Growler :)

MC97GQ
29th December 2012, 07:07 PM

This reminds me of a really bad joke regarding aspirin and how it should be taken.

Travel safe guys, Mexico to Newy is a bloody long day.

Sleep well tonight.

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 07:20 PM
Okay we made it half way in a day. Well to Newcastle.
12hrs travelling time
10hrs of me driving time
Over 1000km

Fuck I'm tired. (Sorry AB and mods, couldn't use any other word )

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 07:22 PM
Beautiful room we got. Ocean views yeah.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/12/75.jpg
You'll need to squint and close one eye fully, aswell as half close the other eye.
Stand on the left leg only and lean to the right with the right arm fully extended. Can you see it now.

Lonicus
29th December 2012, 07:32 PM
Glad you got there without dramas. I doubt the first couple of beers will touch the sides!

The glare from the ocean makes it a tad hard to see out the window mate :)

MC97GQ
29th December 2012, 08:18 PM
Where ya staying in Newy mate,

Ex Newy boy, just curious.

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 09:21 PM
We're staying in Charleston.
Wotif.com super special

growler2058
29th December 2012, 09:22 PM

Have you had a coupla ribs removed mego? Hahahahahahaha

MEGOMONSTER
29th December 2012, 09:23 PM
A few pics at Newcastle shores. 238382383923840

growler2058
29th December 2012, 09:24 PM
Cheers for the memories been 24yrs since I seen that shore

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 07:04 AM
But if late start this morning for stage 2, got up early and just couldn't get up.
8h 30 min drive today to the Gold Coast.

Lonicus
30th December 2012, 07:29 AM
Only 8.5 hours? That'll seem like a drive to the shops after yesterday :)

MC97GQ
30th December 2012, 09:12 AM
Go really careful Mr and Mrs Mego, especially the further north you go. Some of the worst parts of the Pacific Hwy in front of you.

Take plenty of breaks and travel safe.

Mark

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 12:42 PM
Got to Coffs Harbour and a coffee, food and toilet break. Parked the farthest so I could stretch the legs but I think I parked illegally. Oh well

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 12:44 PM
Seen the most awful sight just before Kempsey. A lowered blue/grey Nissan Patrol with 20" rims.

Lonicus
30th December 2012, 02:38 PM
Wasn't this one was it mate?

An ebay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251182352704?nma=true&si=sYQ8%2FZCDvXr4JQ91O9bdinP8Vic%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true#ht_500wt_1059) special

Hopefully Mrs Mego is headache free today!

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 04:19 PM
I can smell the ocean...2388623887

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 04:21 PM
Mrs MEGO is a migraine queen and unfortunately is has a mild one today!

Lonicus
30th December 2012, 04:32 PM
Bumma :(

Shouldn't be too far left to go today.

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 05:46 PM
We made the Qld border, got to Merrimac 3:30 QT 4:30MT

Lonicus
30th December 2012, 07:17 PM
Almost there!

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 07:20 PM
We're here fir two days at royal pines resort. Executive suite.

Drew
30th December 2012, 07:49 PM
Hope mrs mego feels better soon

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 07:53 PM
If course, when seen the room we got.

MC97GQ
31st December 2012, 08:36 AM
Mego,

Beware the Royal Pines, my wife went there 12 years ago for a conference(I was allowed to tag along), when we got back found out she was pregnant with our first child.

Mark

Drew
31st December 2012, 12:16 PM
Any photos of the conception ?

Oh um er I mean um reception ? :) :)

MEGOMONSTER
31st December 2012, 12:45 PM
Wasn't this one was it mate?

An ebay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251182352704?nma=true&si=sYQ8%2FZCDvXr4JQ91O9bdinP8Vic%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true#ht_500wt_1059) special

Hopefully Mrs Mego is headache free today!

Yep that's looks like it.

MEGOMONSTER
31st December 2012, 12:49 PM
Mego,

Beware the Royal Pines, my wife went there 12 years ago for a conference(I was allowed to tag along), when we got back found out she was pregnant with our first child.

Mark

Anything could happen.
I now know how tired I was from all that driving as I've only just got up, and having coffee and a toasted sandwich.
On my way to Brissy to RooSystems and then onto to see Mat (NissanNewby) and drop off his fridge slide that I picked up for him in Melbourne.

MEGOMONSTER
31st December 2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks to NissanNewby and his old man fitted my new Roosystems awning

And a special thank you to NissanNewby for the gifts received for my delivery service. LOL

Lonicus
31st December 2012, 04:07 PM
Looking good mate!

MC97GQ
31st December 2012, 04:20 PM
Looks good mego,

Nice work Nissannewby and Dad,

Odds on that would be the same patrol as Smithtown is right near Kempsey.

Mark

MEGOMONSTER
31st December 2012, 06:45 PM
Nearly had a royal rumble with 5 blokes in a newish green xr8, when I cut them off after they were doing burn outs in a crowded car park. They weren't happy that's for sure but I stayed calm but affirmative.
They all now jumped out, I did just happen to have a shank in my hand (just in case) they were quite upset with me till I jumped out, to front them. They kept swearing and being aggressive but weren't so frontal now. I took a photo of the car and them while all this was going on which didn't really calm them down. Until I told them to f@ck off or I'll break their arms one by one, then have you arrested, your choice. By this time I had a few more blokes behind me which probably aided the situation. But I'll call it my charms.

PS my wife still isn't talking to me.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/12/76.jpg
This is them leaving.

Lonicus
1st January 2013, 07:26 AM
Spreading the love eh Mego :)

I'm sure that, by now, Mrs Mego has outlined all the reasons why you shouldn't have done it, if she has resumed talking to you that is!

Drew
1st January 2013, 10:08 AM
Spreading the love eh Mego :)

I'm sure that, by now, Mrs Mego has outlined all the reasons why you shouldn't have done it, if she has resumed talking to you that is!

Hehehe and now she's sharing her love... NOT!! :)

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 12:17 PM
Nah were all good, she knows they were being dickheads. And she also knows I could have been a lot more stupid like I was as a lad.

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 12:28 PM
Packing up and getting ready to drive up to Noosa for a real holiday.
Shame to leave our swarve executive suite on the top floor if the Royal Pines resort.

Lonicus
1st January 2013, 12:41 PM
With the flash new awning you'll hardly notice the difference :)

Drew
1st January 2013, 03:17 PM
Shame to leave our swarve executive suite on the top floor if the Royal Pines resort.

Nobody likes a show off :p :)

lorrieandjas
1st January 2013, 03:24 PM

Hey mate - safe travels!

Jas

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 04:16 PM
Picturesque Mount Coolum

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 04:25 PM
We're home. 23923
Noosa that is.

Lonicus
1st January 2013, 05:10 PM
Half ya luck!

growler2058
1st January 2013, 05:40 PM
Noice
And looks like a cool donut pad out the front gates hahahahahahahaha ;)

Lonicus
1st January 2013, 07:41 PM
Noice
And looks like a cool donut pad out the front gates hahahahahahahaha ;)

Don't want to be doing donuts out there mate, some mad bastard in a Patrol will come out and want to fight you ;)

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 08:44 PM
This is just outside my door step. 23924
Just got back from dinner, feeling really tired. Not sure if I'll wet a line tonight.

Lonicus
1st January 2013, 08:49 PM
Staying on Gympie Terrace?

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 08:53 PM
That's all I can afford on school holiday times. Nah we stay here all the time. Rented these houses 18-19 times now.
There's 13 houses in total.
When we first rented no. 13 Ray Martin was here. Owns the house across from it.
Although now his sold it.

Lonicus
1st January 2013, 09:06 PM
Bloody nice spot mate! Eateries all around you, river across the road, doesn't get much better.

Can't wait to get up there.

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 11:38 PM
First fish for Noosa holiday.
Moses perch. 23926

MEGOMONSTER
2nd January 2013, 12:20 AM
Nice bream now, had a far few small ones come thru. 23927

lorrieandjas
2nd January 2013, 12:45 AM
Nice mate!

Jas

Lonicus
2nd January 2013, 07:05 AM
Good way to start! Were these taken from just across the road?

The bream pic is a little blurry but it looks like a pilly tail as bait?

MEGOMONSTER
2nd January 2013, 01:35 PM
Straight across the road, sitting in a park bench, drinking JD's catching fish.
That was on a pilly tail.

Lonicus
2nd January 2013, 02:35 PM
Straight across the road, sitting in a park bench, drinking JD's catching fish.
That was on a pilly tail.

Pretty tough going mate, I hope you had a good lay down later :)

MEGOMONSTER
6th January 2013, 12:55 PM
Our friendly neighbourhood watch24199

Lonicus
9th January 2013, 12:42 PM
Been a bit quiet Mego, didn't fall off the charter boat did you?

MEGOMONSTER
9th January 2013, 01:51 PM
Nah we had some friends come up for a couple days, so was told to lay off the forum and be sociable. That and the phone was playing up.

Anyhoo, the charter was only OK, seas were rough, swells were well over the boats and towards the end was almost seasick.

We got several species if fish which were all of small/medium if size.
5 x Coral bream
6 x Moses perch
3 x Venus tuskfish

And a heap of small fish thrown back in

All photos are illustration purposes only
Didn't take any photos
I was feeling seasick and didnt want to start throwing up when they got the fish out for photos. Sorry.

Lonicus
9th January 2013, 02:53 PM
Bumma about the seasickness. Sounds like there was enough action to keep people happy, even if there were no record captures.

MEGOMONSTER
11th January 2013, 09:40 PM
Rest of Noosa stay was pretty uneventful. Fishing still wasn't great, very windy and very warm.

Left Noosa this morning for Burleigh heads and Taipan exhausts.

Got to Coffs Harbour around five and WOW am I surprised how great this place is. Beautiful and like great for fishing too. Although wont be doing any this trip.
A beautiful fishing oasis beside the Opal Cove Resort.
People were fishing but not catching whilst we were there but saw 4-5 fish jump out the water.
Mrs MEGO (Natalie)
Mr MEGO (Mick)
The harbour jetty
24356 24357
The crowned princess with Ferris wheel in the background.
Leaving early tomorrow morning, hopefully. 9 hours to Narooma from Coffs Harbour. But don't think I'll do it in on day. Was very tired on today's 600km drive from Noosa.

Lonicus
11th January 2013, 09:45 PM
That's a big tiara :)

Shame the fishing wasn't better but always good to get away.

MEGOMONSTER
11th January 2013, 11:35 PM
That's a big tiara :)

She's not happy that I posted those pics. Lol

MEGOMONSTER
12th January 2013, 08:12 AM
We're up having brekkie and were off to destination unknown. Not sure how far south I'll get as I'm not feeling well this morning. Not sure what it is but something ain't right.

AB
12th January 2013, 08:56 AM
So jealous Mego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigrig
12th January 2013, 11:04 AM
You past Brissy already?? Where's my beer??? lmao

MEGOMONSTER
12th January 2013, 11:37 AM
You past Brissy already?? Where's my beer??? lmao

Got as close as Banyo. Then turned back.

Maxhead
12th January 2013, 12:04 PM
Leaving early tomorrow morning, hopefully. 9 hours to Narooma from Coffs Harbour. But don't think I'll do it in on day. Was very tired on today's 600km drive from Noosa.

If you decide to pull up north of Narooma, there is a great caravan park at Merry Beach (http://www.merrybeach.com.au/) between Ulladulla and Batemans aBay with great fishing. The local rock(southside of beach) have hard hitting drummer and bream, the rougher the better! Also Land based game fishing spot off snapper rock about 400m south of the beach. Livies or lures and there is plenty of slimies or yakkas. kingies/snapper/odd tuna/sharks/monster salmon/etc

Have fun where ever you end up!

MEGOMONSTER
12th January 2013, 11:13 PM
Stopped in Wollongong, had to sleep for bout half an hour half way, misses had a migraine so she wasn't driving. Only 3-4hours to Narooma from here.

happygu
12th January 2013, 11:49 PM
I am starting to see a pattern here....Mrs Mego had a migrane on the way up...no driving...on the way back...migrane...no driving....hmmm

Suspicious lot we are.........;)

megatexture
13th January 2013, 12:28 AM
We did 9000 k over 3weeks and the missus drove for 1 hr and that was only because I wasn't in the car lol

MEGOMONSTER
13th January 2013, 07:24 PM
Got to Narooma and is bloody raining good and proper.
This really is a fishing Mecca.
I need to spend a week here not just 3 days.
And for photographers this is dream. Photos ops with every step you take. Just WOW.

Maxhead
13th January 2013, 07:30 PM
Got to Narooma and is bloody raining good and proper.
This really is a fishing Mecca.
I need to spend a week here not just 3 days.
And for photographers this is dream. Photos ops with every step you take. Just WOW.

If you get a change get out to Montague Island, kingfish have been running for about a week now.
Don't know what the conditions are like but check out the Narooma bar, it is the most natrocious bar around

Lonicus
13th January 2013, 07:39 PM
Really is a great part of the coast down that way. Caught my one and only Wahoo between Narooma & Bermagui many moons ago.

MEGOMONSTER
13th January 2013, 11:35 PM
If you get a change get out to Montague Island, kingfish have been running for about a week now.

Out to Montague on Tues arvo on a charter for the kingies and the Missus is coming aswell. It should be funny. I just hope she doesn't get sea sick. But it should be pretty calm.

MEGOMONSTER
13th January 2013, 11:39 PM
Don't know what the conditions are like but check out the Narooma bar, it is the most natrocious bar around

Really, and I was contemplating taking my tinnie out through it. It look quite easy today. 24416
Not that I've ever been through a bar myself

Lonicus
13th January 2013, 11:42 PM
Best to take some seasick meds before getting on the boat mate, just to be safe. Should be a good day out!

MEGOMONSTER
13th January 2013, 11:56 PM
Best to take some seasick meds before getting on the boat mate, just to be safe. Should be a good day out!

I hope so, I am looking froward to some good fishing action, considering how disappointing the Noosa fishing was this trip.
Going out to fish the Wagonga inlet tomorrow morning. Hopefully catch something.

Lonicus
14th January 2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah the Noosa action was a bit of a bummer. Hopefully the south coast should be a bit more productive.

megatexture
14th January 2013, 12:03 AM
Yea you need to go north of noosa to rainbow or tincan bay nice area and beach driving with good fishing

MEGOMONSTER
14th January 2013, 12:14 AM
Yea you need to go north of noosa to rainbow or tincan bay nice area and beach driving with good fishing

Yes I was going to do that drive but was worried about the salt spray. I remember someone saying you need to oil under the GUrl before you do a beach run.

megatexture
14th January 2013, 12:31 AM
Good wash after and a spraying will do the same , don't use the under body washes next to the beach as they have to recycle the water thy use so yes you will wash off the sand but wash it off with brackish /salty water and possibly get salt water in places you haven't already

MEGOMONSTER
14th January 2013, 12:57 AM
Maybe if I had someone else there, in case I got in trouble. But I probably wouldn't have done it on my own even if I did spray it.

megatexture
14th January 2013, 07:26 AM
mate i wouldnt have worried about doing it solo it was prob packed at xmas time plenty of ppl that would gladly help you would just have to wave down a trol last thing we need is a pic getting about with a trol gettin plucked by a tojo lol

MEGOMONSTER
14th January 2013, 11:43 AM
Well Narooma was raining yesterday so couldn't really do any fishing. Wake up today and it was blowing 50-60km winds, bloody hell can't catch a break

Lonicus
14th January 2013, 11:52 AM
Bummer mate. I think they have a pub in Narooma, so all is not lost :)

threedogs
14th January 2013, 11:58 AM
You taking the rain with you Mego, go sit on a jetty and ponder. it works for me

Ben-e-boy
14th January 2013, 12:48 PM
Bummer mate. I think they have a pub in Narooma, so all is not lost :)

..there is a great pub in narooma

MEGOMONSTER
14th January 2013, 12:54 PM
Gonna try launch the boat and set out to catch dinner. I hope. The waters here are sensational for fishos. Wishing myself good luck.

Lonicus
14th January 2013, 01:02 PM
best o luck mate!

Maxhead
14th January 2013, 01:39 PM
Get into Wagonga Inlet for a fish, big bream and flattys around there. After all Bushy fishes there...lol

MEGOMONSTER
14th January 2013, 10:54 PM
Well finally had some luck fishing.
Nothing big but got dinner.
Had to really search for a sheltered area to fish. F.... it was windy out there.
Got two small flatties 36-38, one small tailor, undersized bream and a million pinkies. At one stage we were catching 100mm pinkies. But me and the Missus had a blast, well the Missus had a ball, I was just re-baiting the rods.
Didn't get anything on the soft plastics.
So yes, I was the master baiter

Lonicus
14th January 2013, 11:08 PM
Lol Good fun and a feed, good day then :)

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2013, 01:14 AM
Lol Good fun and a feed, good day then :)

Much better and feed.

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2013, 02:14 PM
Here's the 100 miller.
http://youtu.be/EnMx6jqq1Ik

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2013, 02:42 PM
Went for a 30 min wheel with the Missus. Bad idea. I was made to turn back.
As soon as we jumped out, she looked for new pin striping. http://youtu.be/FzeywXCoE60
Here are some photos on the way there. 244632446424465244662446724468

Lonicus
15th January 2013, 03:12 PM
Here's the 100 miller.
http://youtu.be/EnMx6jqq1Ik

C'mon mate, that was just the bait coming back to life wasn't it :)

MEGOMONSTER
16th January 2013, 12:15 AM
Went out on a fishing charter whilst in Narooma.
The charter headed out to Montague Island. We went in close where we fished for Yakkas for live bait, which my Missus had a ball catching, she caught more live bait on her own then the rest of us did. Lets call it a woman's touch.
Once we had enough we went onto the first bommie for the kingies. On the first drift my Missus got the first kingie on a squid bait rod and then a second, first two fish on board were keepers. (Photo of her two kingies, she didnt want to hold and touch them)24503
So I thought we were gonna have a ripper day but it wasn't to be. But we all still did pretty good.
I think we caught 12 or 13 kingies, but only 5 keepers.
This one I got on the second bommie.
As you can see I was pretty happy with that. But was my only kingie for the trip.
The water was quite rough near the island off the bommie, we had a lot of trouble keeping the baits down even with the big sinkers as it was wind against tide so we went closer to the island in some sheltered waters where we got a stack of Mowies and snapper
I got two Morwongs 24524and one was a rip snorter 24525
And on the very last drift while the rest of us were reeling rods in to pack up my Missus pulls out a nice snapper to end the trip. 24526

Lonicus
16th January 2013, 06:48 AM
Not a bad result mate, keep you fed for a couple of days!

Sounds like Mrs Mego is a natural fisho, well apart from the no touchy thing :)

MEGOMONSTER
16th January 2013, 02:07 PM
Left Narooma and seems we picked the wrong day to start travelling. Beautiful day today. Went and stopped to have a look at Corunna Lake and will definitely slender time there next time were here.
Supposedly a great flathead lake for quantity not really quality or size.
But I like lots cos I like flatties.
Wallaga lakes looks superb for a fish as we drove past drooling. 2453524536
Just had lunch in Bermagui. Another beautiful fishing destination.

Lonicus
16th January 2013, 02:17 PM
Beautiful part of the world down that way.

MEGOMONSTER
16th January 2013, 11:04 PM
There are some lovely views from Bermi to Eden where we ended up staying.
2 hour trip took 4 hours. Stopped in Cuttergee beach for a walk in the beach, saw a whale in the water and just took in the scenery 24562
Also found a little hill climb in Boydtown in which I was pre-warned about touching any trees that could leave marks. Watch whole video funny ending. http://youtu.be/FCFpqiO-1AA
The tree she talks about was a metre high and only left line on the dust if the car.
Had a nice dinner and watched the sun set in spectacular fashion. 2456524566

Try and get on the water early tomorrow in Eden and was hoping for a late checkout but no 10am sharp.
So will only have a few hours in the water. Then we're off to do something different and head back inland to Khancoban. We will meet some friends there. Then maybe onto lake Hume or go the other way back down to lakes entrance. Not sure yet what to do.

Lonicus
16th January 2013, 11:27 PM
Lol what a crackup. You f$&kn tree toucher you!

MEGOMONSTER
20th January 2013, 12:47 PM
Well it's been a couple of night since I left Eden. Eden is a great destination. Went out in quarantine bay the morning we had to check out so I git to the ramp about 5:30am fishing by 6, by 8:30 had about 12 flatties in the live bait tank so I thought that would do and headed back into shallower water near the boat ramp and started filleting what I had. In the next twenty minutes whilst attempting to fillet, I hit a patch of nice flatties and the boat floor had about 30 flatties. It was cast and catch, I just flicked off the flatties and re baited straight back in for another one. These were the flatties left in the boat floor after finding the small ones and throwing them back in. 24621with the biggest being 55cm. 24622
I had the best mornings fishing in ages with quality fish in so little time.

Once I got home (Eden) packed up and was off again to Khanoban 320 odd kilometres in 5-1/2 hrs driving over the Great dividing range. It was a gruelling slog through the mountain ranges but one of the best drives I've done.
Stopped on top in the middle if nowhere to cool off in the 40plus degrees in A small stream off the road a little while in the Eucumbene river/stream.
It was still freezing cold but very refreshing and peaceful beautiful sights.
Drove past Three Mile Dam
When got up high we took this photo
And I can't believe how eerie the range looks with all the dead tree just about every where you look
Then saw the Tumut dam from the top. 24702
Finally got to Khancoban and settled in, we go outside and we a friend waiting outside. 24704
We went to throw some lures around the rick wall of the dam and we only got two midget Redfin.
Went for a troll in the morning for trout and got two small trout.
This is my mates son waiting patiently. 24705
We then got blasted by hot high winds and blew us out of the water as the storm went past.
When it died down late in the afternoon, we all went for a walk and were told of a hidden swimming hole in the creek in the wood between the reeds.
This is what we found.

Lonicus
20th January 2013, 02:32 PM
Was wondering where you'd got to. Those trees definitely look out of place , normally only see that sort of thing in dams. Sounds like some great fishing, unfortunately the fish pics aren't working mate, nor is the swimming hole pic.

MEGOMONSTER
20th January 2013, 07:04 PM
Well it's been a couple of night since I left Eden. Eden is a great destination. Went out in quarantine bay the morning we had to check out so I git to the ramp about 5:30am fishing by 6, by 8:30 had about 12 flatties in the live bait tank so I thought that would do and headed back into shallower water near the boat ramp and started filleting what I had. In the next twenty minutes whilst attempting to fillet, I hit a patch of nice flatties and the boat floor had about 30 flatties. It was cast and catch, I just flicked off the flatties and re baited straight back in for another one. These were the flatties left in the boat floor after finding the small ones and throwing them back in. 24621with the biggest being 55cm. 24622
I had the best mornings fishing in ages with quality fish in so little time.

Once I got home (Eden) packed up and was off again to Khanoban 320 odd kilometres in 5-1/2 hrs driving over the Great dividing range. It was a gruelling slog through the mountain ranges but one of the best drives I've done.
Stopped on top in the middle if nowhere to cool off in the 40plus degrees in A small stream off the road a little while in the Eucumbene river/stream.
It was still freezing cold but very refreshing and peaceful beautiful sights.
Drove past Three Mile Dam
When got up high we took this photo
And I can't believe how eerie the range looks with all the dead tree just about every where you look
Then saw the Tumut dam from the top. 24702
Finally got to Khancoban and settled in, we go outside and we a friend waiting outside. 24704
We went to throw some lures around the rock wall of the dam and we only got two midget Redfin.
Found a nice easy but very steep track and wheel around for an hour.
Went for a troll in the morning for trout and got two small trout.
This is my mates son waiting patiently. 24705
We then got blasted by hot high winds and blew us out of the water as the storm went past.
When it died down late in the afternoon, we all went for a walk and were told of a hidden swimming hole in the creek in the wood between the reeds.
This is what we found. 247062470724708
I did my very first water crossing. All the girls jumped scared. But the deepest only a foot deep.
Then we found this flowing deepish waterhole where we all went for a cool dip after our 43 degree day.
Next day we headed off to lake Hume as our original destination was lakes entrance but with the Gippsland fire we just didn't want to go that way.
Got 7 decent carp and 5 tiny reddies.
My mates boat went tubing.

MEGOMONSTER
25th January 2013, 06:08 PM
Finally made it home with over 6000km travelled nearly a month later.
Had the best unplanned holiday ever, enjoyed every moment.
Thanks for listening.

Lonicus
25th January 2013, 06:13 PM
Welcome home mate! Been a good trip to follow & was happy to see that there were no dramas along the way.

MEGOMONSTER
25th January 2013, 06:19 PM
I was even more happy I had no problems along the way. Especially seeing how many roadside memorials we saw this trip.

MEGOMONSTER
25th January 2013, 06:42 PM
Well we haven't really made it all the way home. Still at the in laws for dinner before getting home.

MEGOMONSTER
26th January 2013, 12:36 AM
Finally at home, unpacked, showered and ready to sleep in my own bed. I thought I would never like a driving holiday but my Missus us already asking "Where to, next year?"

MEGOMONSTER
26th January 2013, 12:36 AM
Finally at home, unpacked, showered and ready to sleep in my own bed. I thought we would never like a driving holiday but my Missus us already asking "Where to, next year?"

Lonicus
26th January 2013, 08:18 AM
"Where to, next year?"

West, or up the middle to the top?

MEGOMONSTER
26th January 2013, 12:09 PM
One thing I know for sure, she doesn't want to climb Kosziosko again.
I think the middle will be too hot for Natalie.
The west might be on option but then I would want to go all the way up the west coast.
No I think we will do the Sapphire coast only including Lakes entrance, Mallacoota. Just spend more time at each town.
Eden, Bermagui, Merimbula.
I just know Natalie, she'll want to go to a Noosa again and again and again. I think this was our 20th visit to Noosa.

Lonicus
26th January 2013, 12:24 PM
The Sapphire coast is a very nice part of the world, and really not all that far from Melbourne, a lot closer than Noosa anyway.

So maybe best of both worlds, short trips to NSW, longer trip to Noosa :)

MEGOMONSTER
26th January 2013, 01:50 PM
I like your idea of west, across to Perth and up to Exmouth sounds nice to me.

Lonicus
27th January 2013, 03:30 PM
Look familiar Mego?

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/lonicus/river_zps4f9de2fd.jpg

This is Noosa river at Gympie Terrace this morning!

MEGOMONSTER
27th January 2013, 05:06 PM
Bloody hell, I guess the tides up then.

MEGOMONSTER
29th January 2013, 11:17 PM
Well last day of my holiday/time off. Time to go back to work tomorrow morning. ¥£%. @$&. @$$@. %€*£'