PDA

View Full Version : sub fuel tank

Archie
19th June 2010, 09:15 PM
After installing new spotlights the sub fuel tank light has come on, how do I fix this

AB
19th June 2010, 09:30 PM
Hi Archie, you may need to reset your subtank control unit.

It's a small black box located in the dash under the heater/air con controls.

I think you may need to pull off a small panel there to get into it.

When you take it off, pull out the plug, wait 10 seconds and put it back in.

Let us know if that works or doesn't work.

Welcome to forum as well, please don't forget to introduce yourself here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions)and tell us what rig your got here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?43-Members-Rides-***NEW***) mate.

Also, you could just simply take your battery lead off for 5 minutes and put it back on to reset everything...NOTE: Do you have your password for the stereo?

If that doesn't work, leave battery off for at least half an hour and try again....If that doesn't work, come back here and let us know.

Archie
20th June 2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks Andy, I pulled off the neutral from the battery, waited 1/2 hour, reconnected battery and all is good

AB
20th June 2010, 06:55 PM
Glad to hear it Archie! Good news...

Bloodyaussie
23rd December 2013, 02:17 PM
After installing new spotlights the sub fuel tank light has come on, how do I fix this

Whole family. . Wife ( margherita) and kids. . Erica 10 and Alexander 3....

Winnie
23rd December 2013, 02:39 PM
Whole family. . Wife ( margherita) and kids. . Erica 10 and Alexander 3....

Classic motorculture!

rookiepatroller
13th February 2014, 07:20 PM
Do any of u blokes know whether there are any inputs into the ECU that would prevent me from switching to sub? Would having no juice in the sub stop the switch from doing anything through the ECU or could there be something else at fault?

MudRunnerTD
13th February 2014, 07:22 PM
Do any of u blokes know whether there are any inputs into the ECU that would prevent me from switching to sub? Would having no juice in the sub stop the switch from doing anything through the ECU or could there be something else at fault?

Hi mate,

Your better off starting a new thread with your question and make your title as clear as you can and someone will help you no probs. We ahve a few very good blokes here that know their auto Elec very well.

rookiepatroller
13th February 2014, 08:01 PM
No worries, cheers.