PDA

View Full Version : Custom Tray Regulations

num_301
7th September 2012, 02:30 PM
Hey Guys

I'm about to start fabricating a custom tray for my ute.
Just wondering what the rules and regulations are for this in queensland?
Puerly because I don't want to put in a lot of money and time just to get a defect as a resault.
Any help will be appriciated.

Cheers Scott

threedogs
7th September 2012, 02:36 PM
Forgotten his user name but tap into search and find tray build up, as long as its got mudflaps ,and well made I cant see a problem

num_301
7th September 2012, 02:39 PM
Yeah I couldn't see a problem in it either, As I will be building it for myself, so it'll be strong and look good.
But then again they have rules against everything

nissannewby
7th September 2012, 02:48 PM
pm sent mate

num_301
7th September 2012, 03:01 PM
Just did a quick sketch.
What do you boys think?

nissannewby
7th September 2012, 03:05 PM
Looks the goods you can also punch custom patrol trays into googe images and get some ideas from there. The tray on my GQ is similar but made from tube I can send you a pic if you like.

num_301
7th September 2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah that'd be good mate, Trying to get as many Idea's as possible at the moment

nissannewby
7th September 2012, 05:26 PM
PM me your email or have a look in the photo section for nissannewby's action shots

King_ady1
15th October 2012, 02:23 AM
Hey mate, don't know how much info u have received but ill add, here a few facts i have come across:
* your tail lights must be clearly visible from a standing point 2m behind the car, and if LED lights must have reflectors build in or beside,
*mud flaps that are at least the width of your wheels and sit no higher than 300mm from the ground,
*no loose or dangerous pieces
these are a the main limits to your tray, other than these i believe there is a certain size it cant extend either side, but i think the limit is rather large,
hope i could help.