PDA

View Full Version : Rear door Speakers

pjhicks3
7th September 2012, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know if there is factory wiring for rear door speakers - I have a GU 2008 DX, no rear door speakers, I want to put some in, but I would like to know if the wiring is there first, before I pull it all apart.

Jol
17th October 2012, 04:19 PM
2nd that! Pics or an idiots guide would be good before I start ripping off panels!

Adventurous
21st October 2013, 06:50 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I'd love to add speakers in the back. Does anyone know?

BigRAWesty
21st October 2013, 09:32 PM
Barn doors or middle doors?
Usually every car is wired the same, so I'd say yes to rear barn doors, unsure On middle doors of the gu. It's a negative on the gq.

Clunk
21st October 2013, 09:49 PM
Barn doors or middle doors?
Usually every car is wired the same, so I'd say yes to rear barn doors, unsure On middle doors of the gu. It's a negative on the gq.

Didn't threedogs fit some speakers in his rear passenger doors recently, or am I getting mixed up with someone else?

BigRAWesty
21st October 2013, 10:34 PM
I'm partly there with the gq, but have had to run New wires.

kevin07
22nd October 2013, 12:59 AM
I have speakers in the rear doors they were in there when I got it and I cannot see any wires

krbrooking
22nd October 2013, 03:33 AM
I have the rd28 gu and mine had factory speakers in the rear doors but none in the barn doors, I did fit some into the barn doors but have since removed them and put them on too if my draws facing towards the back for when at camp and so on.
It is not too complicated to run wires from stereo to any where in your car all you need to do is find the rear speaker wires on the back of the stereo and solder long enough wires turn them where you want them. Then all you do is lift up you carpet and the little plastic trims ( they clip off ) and run the wires under them if going to your rear doors run them up your "b" puller ( the puller between the front doors and back doors ) then through the grommet on the puller into your door.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
23rd October 2013, 09:12 AM
@ Clunk I'm just replacing the OE speakers with 300 watt 4 ways, front and passenger doors
only at this stage, just waiting for it to stop raining

6.5"
Not hard to remove small rear door panel to check

oncedisturbed
23rd October 2013, 02:23 PM
I put sony 4way 6" 350w in the front and fusion 3way 250w in the rear, made a huge difference ti the sound, needs an amp though to fine tune it

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app