PDA

View Full Version : lift kit

Ferret
5th September 2012, 10:21 PM
hey guys just installed a 2 inch efs lift kit other then that cars pretty much standard under neath I'm not running a sway bar anymore it's off don't no if this is bad but is there anything I should no or what I should to do to keep her a little more stable on the road just as its like little sloppy now on the road not sure what the go is yeh I'm new to the 4x4 game cheers guys

Clunk
5th September 2012, 10:27 PM
Will be sloppy without the sway bars mate, oh and you can get pinged by the fuzz if caught without them. You can get adjustable sway bars, which will help with the boat action

macca86
5th September 2012, 10:30 PM
Hi mate leaving the sway bar off gives you more flex off road but is illegal I believe. Also leaving it off may be causing the boat like ride. Also did you get the right spring rates that can lead to boat like ride too too soft maybe 2 inch lift doesn't normally need castor correction so hook the sway bar up see if its better maybe research spring rates and get some to your needs winch bullbar batteries rear draws etc add weight so match rates to your gear

threedogs
5th September 2012, 10:35 PM
Would be telling the fitter what I intend to fit Batteries , winch, etc, then get him to choose a spring rate to suit.
Any decent place will do that

MQ MAD
7th September 2012, 09:07 AM
Refit the sway bar and just get extended bolts

Did you replace the old shackles and bushes ???
Or just fit new springs/shocks ???

Ferret
8th September 2012, 10:38 PM
done bushes and all

MQ MAD
9th September 2012, 10:56 AM
Hard to say exactly why its "Sloppy"
Being a tad higher changes the centre of gravity and it becomes more top heavy,that could be something your not used to
Are the tyre pressures all the same, are the tyres not too old,are they all balanced ???
These things can effect the cars handling and behaviour,but itll never handle like say a commonwhore or falcooon
Maybe your used to something along those lines