PDA

View Full Version : North Queensland

Brendan56
5th September 2012, 07:55 PM
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anybody knew of a 4wding club up around the Townsville region. Hoping to learn proper techniques from experienced drivers instead of reading on the net and just hoping I get it right.

Tappin trolls
Brendan

threedogs
5th September 2012, 08:11 PM
Perfect attitude to have , learn from an accredited instructor, best thing you can ever do. will rid you of any bad habits plus you can pull someone up if you see something un safe, well done

CorbinsGUte
5th September 2012, 08:16 PM
I had same thoughts a while ago . Hey mate i forgot all about that uhf too Haha. I've not really heard much in the way of 4wd clubs or courses to do up here

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dark 1
5th September 2012, 08:27 PM
Try the burdekin 4x4 club or mackay & district 4wd club, not sure of any in Townsville as such.

Richo460
6th September 2012, 01:37 AM
i haven't heard of any but i am sure there would be a proper 4x4 club somewhere. Check the magazines as they usually have adds for the club events. I know the 4x4 comp that was up at mareeba was run by 'ruff konduct' and i think they are a club with some professional drivers.

BigMav
7th September 2012, 07:54 PM
Get onboard with these guys mate, as close as you will get to a "club" in the ville. I'm heading back up there start of next year to live again, Brisbane just ain't doing it for me.

http://4x4playfnq.com/

Oversize
9th September 2012, 03:58 AM
Hey Brendan,

Introduce yourself to the boys at Opposite Lock. They seem to know what's going on around the area or can point you in the right direction. I don't know them personally but they have been very helpful to me when I have been up that way.