PDA

View Full Version : Installing Boost Gauge into 08 DX Wagon??? Help

Biscuits
2nd September 2012, 03:59 PM
G'day guys,

Installing a boost gauge into my 08 DX Wagon, and am wondering where I should instal the "T" that was supplied, so that I can pick up the pressure, and where in the firewall have you run the hose?

Any pics would be awesome,

Cheers in advance,

The bloke with All Thumbs

Gary

n.b. The instructions said to cut the vacuum hose, I couldn't find one, so now I have to repair the missus's Dyson too

the godfather
2nd September 2012, 05:35 PM
I didnt tee into any vacuum lines. None seemed to give a good reading so I brazed an elbow into thepipe on the inter cooler. It works good.
Go here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/album.php?albumid=378) and have a look:

threedogs
2nd September 2012, 05:49 PM
Didn't do mine but think it has a hole tapped on boost side of intercooler, better check as not 100%.

Big_Roy
2nd September 2012, 06:45 PM
I drilled and tapped a hole in the outlet side elbow from the intercooler, as this best represents what pressure is going into the engine.

grimace
3rd September 2012, 10:22 PM
i have a 2008 3l and i also had a fitter braze the the fitting into the intercooler pipe in the bend (turbo side) cost me $20 then just ran the hose through the fire wall drivers side and to power it up removed the bottom half of the centre console (where the gear stick is, just take out the ash tray undo the screws in there then on the side of the console there are 2 plugs one either side take those screws out and remove the gear ball and lift it over the stick. then you can access the cigerette lighter where you can solder the wires from the gauge.....too easy! cheers hope this helps....

Calum
4th September 2012, 10:36 PM
Just to save you any trouble guys, why not install a ScanGauge? Depending on year of vehicle will give readouts on turbo boost, engine temp, volts, etc. Just an idea.
Cheers, Calum

snewin
8th September 2012, 08:09 PM
i have a 2008 3l and i also had a fitter braze the the fitting into the intercooler pipe in the bend (turbo side)

Hi grimace, can you post up a photo of this if possible?

Biscuits
9th September 2012, 08:02 PM
Ok, I have the installation part all sorted, but have another issue now :P

after looking at places to attach the gauge cup, the only place I am happy with the way it looks is hanging from the roof, just a little left of the rear vision mirror (wont impede the missus using the sun visor)
My issue/question is... will the extra meter or 2 of hose required to mount it there affect the accuracy of the readings?

Biscuits
9th September 2012, 08:03 PM
Will put up a photo guide / instructions once I get moving on the instal too guys

grimace
9th September 2012, 08:11 PM
g'day snewin, there should be pics of my nads just type in (grims nads) i am pretty sure there would be some pics cheers.....

grimace
12th September 2012, 08:54 PM
g'day biscuits, instead of a cup why don't you buy a pillar pod they look factory and they are also right there so you can keep a good eye on them. i bought mine on cheapbay even had the right colour not real cheap but hey aint nothin too good for my baby! cheers...

Biscuits
12th September 2012, 09:06 PM
have never been a fan of mounting gauges on the pillar, when I was playing with my XR6T, I was if'y at mounting them on the dash using the FPV pods.