PDA

View Full Version : gu zd30 gearbox drain plug

macca86
2nd September 2012, 02:24 PM
Hi guys just doing some services. I bought my oils parked the car up slid under her to drop the gear box oil to find the drain plug seized. I tried rattle gun, breaker bars wd40 nut and rust remover anti seize I even fired up the oxy still could not budge.

Now after my hard work I've stripped the part where you insert the halfinch socket. Does anyone know where I can buy a new drain plug from as next weekend I'll be drilling and easy outing the drain plug so I'll need to replace the drain plug

BearGUST
2nd September 2012, 02:52 PM
I'd be going to Nissan for a replacement plug.

threedogs
2nd September 2012, 03:29 PM
Weld a piece of steel to nut it'll come straight off.
Get one of those magnetic jobs if you get replacement plug.

macca86
2nd September 2012, 04:18 PM
We would have done so but welder of ours is at bigrigs house doing the panels on his sons car. Next week I will do something like that but need a new one as its too flogged out

the godfather
2nd September 2012, 04:22 PM
I had the same problem with mine. I got a new one from Nissan.
I also welded a bar to mine rather than drilling it out. Have fun Macca.

macca86
2nd September 2012, 05:09 PM
cheers guys I'll ask Nissan or a wreckers and prepare to part with my left nut for it then. I once bought a part from them for my vl it was a little radiator hose and was 32 bucks for about 10 cm of 1 inch hose

threedogs
2nd September 2012, 07:24 PM
Lending tools, A good thread for the future. At least you know where it is

macca86
2nd September 2012, 07:43 PM
Start a tool co op for all the expensive tools too.

macca86
10th September 2012, 05:32 PM
so I finally got a chance to call up Nissan as wreckers wouldn't pass me one. $30.05 for the gearbox drain plug ouch but last thing to do before the forum meet.