PDA

View Full Version : Lpg fuel gauge mod using the dash cluster

97_gq_lwb
31st August 2012, 10:10 PM
well anyone using the l.e.d lpg gauge will know how useless they are.
Years ago when i had a petrol gq i wired mine up to the one in the cluster.
It worked great and didn't jump all over the place just the same as it did on petrol.
All you need is an lpg sender to suit your tank with these ranges.
4.3-5.7 ohms full
74.3-84.8 ohms empty or something close like this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Axiom-LPG-Gauge-Sender-0-90-Ohm-/320971449349?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abb63a405
Then just switch the signal input to the gauge when switching between gas and fuel .

Winnie
1st September 2012, 01:40 AM
This is what I need! LED LPG gauges suck!! Mine goes down a bar when I put my headlights on sometimes

Tappa tappa

patch697
1st September 2012, 01:50 AM
This is what I need! LED LPG gauges suck!! Mine goes down a bar when I put my headlights on sometimes

Tappa tappa

You can get a tunable gauge interface as well which will do the same thing, also not to expensive & not hard to install. Some even come with a button for the dash which allows to switch back to your other tank to check your fuel levels without switching back to that fuel... Very neat.

timbar
1st September 2012, 01:54 AM
tell me more my lpg gauge doesnt work and never has

NP99
6th April 2013, 07:45 PM
Anyone got more detail on how to replace the led gauge?

GQ TANK
7th April 2013, 12:28 AM
You would need to run a relay -(this is how my ef is set up).

Switch the gauge wire from the tanks with the pertol tank gaude wire -9 the manual shows t as y/b in the chassis wiring to the tanks.

Use the LPG gas soniode control wire to actiave the relay (make & brake) - normally off - petrol