PDA

View Full Version : Bullbars for body lifts.

TMC
27th August 2012, 06:01 PM
Hey all,
I've got a 50mm body lift In my series one gu. And looking at a new bar, does anyone know of any bullbars out there that are ADR compliant for body lifts?
I know the xrox is, but I'm after side hoops. And they are only compliant due to mounting plates, so why can't I get mounting plates for any other bar??
Any help would be appreciated.

MudRunnerTD
27th August 2012, 06:23 PM
XROX are the only guys making a Tube Bar that has been ADR tested for Air Bags. You wont find another.

Easy fix. take out the body lift and put in better springs. A Body Lift is illegal according to the current ADRs anyway so rather than chase all your bar work to suit it start a fresh without the BL.

A BL in a GU is very rare anyway as the GU does not need it for the same reason as a GQ. A GQ has much smaller wheel arches and a 35 wont fit. A GU does not suffer from this problem. Remove the BL.

TMC
27th August 2012, 10:46 PM
I have put in the body lift to make it easier for the Allison auto/duramax engine to fit. And body lifts are legal here in qld

MudRunnerTD
27th August 2012, 10:52 PM
Damn! See now your just showing off ;)

I honestly cant think of a better reason to fit a body lift!!

Mmmmmm Duramax!!! Dribble

I got... I got.... I just got to see the pics mate!!

TMC
28th August 2012, 06:35 AM
Yeah I'll be sure to post them when I get around to puttin it all together. Right now it's sitting In my shed, gathering dust.
But once the missus gets her way first and then wedding gone, it's all go.
6.6l and twin Turbos of go

But yes, the body lift is becoming a pain. Sourcing shit like this.