PDA

View Full Version : NATS : causing key issues

pippi
25th August 2012, 09:43 AM
Wondering if anyone else has had trouble with the anti-theft on their TD42. I have just got this patrol and sometimes it starts and sometimes it is immobilised. When the red light is flashing on the dash - the car does not start. If i get out the car, relock and and start again it then will start. How do I get rid of it or fix it.? sometimes it will not start at all and I have to wait and try two or three times. I am a complete novice .. but I would like to know if there is a way of rectifying? I am unable to use the car as I live remote I dont want to get stuck somewhere by an antitheft system! Would be grateful if anyone has any ideas. Thanks.

pippi
25th August 2012, 09:56 AM
I just found the post added by Yendor with the NATS wiring diagram so I will see if the local auto electrician can work some magic. Thanks Yendor & Miss Morgan.

Yendor
25th August 2012, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a second key for the vehicle?.

If so try using it and see if you have the same problems

This will help narrow down if is a problem within the vehicle or the key.

schanmala
28th August 2012, 10:11 AM
Sorry about the hijack. Is there away to disable NATS all togeher.

Reason I ask is, I've gone for a swim before and left the keys in my pocket.......

grimace
31st August 2012, 11:12 PM
just wondering has it got a turbo timer if so they may have done something to the key reader when instaling the timer, just a thought goodluck with cheers...