PDA

View Full Version : Another storage system: mine

Flo-w
22nd August 2012, 07:52 PM
Before I started with my own storage system I got some inspiration from what other people had posted. I hope to provide part of this information now myself.

I've gone for a fridge slide for a 50l Waeco and two drawers.

One drawer is for the kitchen with 2-burner stove and gas bottle, space for a plastic sink, an extra table and a side-facing drawer for cutlery and the like. Both, table and side drawer, have push-to-upen rails.

The other drawer is for food, pots and pans. Only special thing about it is the variable dividers to keep things organized in different situations.

Kevs GU
22nd August 2012, 08:16 PM
Awsome job mate i like your carftsmanship nicely done. Whats the recess in the front of the draw for?

Flo-w
22nd August 2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks mate. The recess fits a part of the barn door. Gives me 5cm extra (about 30l). Can't have too much space.

krbrooking
22nd August 2012, 10:58 PM
Awesome job man well thought out

Flo-w
24th August 2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks krbrooking.

04OFF
24th August 2012, 08:30 PM
Cool !

Looking at the pics, its like the swiss army knife of storage systems, great work mate :thumbup:

Flo-w
24th August 2012, 09:32 PM
Cheers!
It's just not as precisely engineered as a swiss army knife. ;)

choochie
25th August 2012, 12:09 AM
Nice effort. But to finish it off with staples?? Were you drunk?? Lol

Flo-w
25th August 2012, 12:44 AM
*blush*
They guy at Bunnings recommended double sided tape. Which I tried, even though I didn't trust it. And right so.
Should have used some glue?

cgm
25th August 2012, 05:20 AM
Only special thing about it is ...

Mate, the whole thing is special! Thx for sharing the pics and ideas.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

DX grunt
25th August 2012, 06:40 AM
Well done. I'm impressed. Like you said, different situations require different stuff and it'd be so easy with your set up.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Flo-w
26th August 2012, 11:33 PM
Cheers cgm and DX grunt!

GU_Nemesis
17th September 2012, 08:09 PM
Great work mate, looks awesome

BigRAWesty
15th April 2013, 10:53 AM
Top job mate. Lots of thought gone into that..
Should have never listened to bunnings.. :what: gel grip is the go mate.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NP99
15th April 2013, 11:43 AM
That will be easy to spot if they try to sell it mate......

PMC
15th April 2013, 11:59 AM
Before I started with my own storage system I got some inspiration from what other people had posted. I hope to provide part of this information now myself.

I've gone for a fridge slide for a 50l Waeco and two drawers.

One drawer is for the kitchen with 2-burner stove and gas bottle, space for a plastic sink, an extra table and a side-facing drawer for cutlery and the like. Both, table and side drawer, have push-to-upen rails.

The other drawer is for food, pots and pans. Only special thing about it is the variable dividers to keep things organized in different situations.

G'day flo-w,

Top job!

Regards,

RLI

hempo
1st July 2013, 01:14 PM
Very impressive setup there. Well done.

Cuppa
1st July 2013, 02:29 PM
Looks good ..... But I'm a bit worried about that gas bottle being on it's side.

Cuppa.

threedogs
1st July 2013, 02:39 PM
X 2 with Cuppa great job and well thought out ,its just carrying a full bottle of gas inside the vehicle. Maybe some how you can have the hose vacant, and just a matter of hooking bottle up every stop.
I think it is by law not to carry Gas bottles in confined spaces, Safety comes first in all things 4x4. Maybe cannisters are different?

Cuppa
1st July 2013, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure of the legalities of carrying small lpg bottles inside the vehicle, lots of car based campers obviously do. However the state authorities say to carry them inside a container that is vapour tight to the inside of the vehicle, & vented to the outside of the vehicle. http://www.workcover.nsw.gov.au/formspublications/publications/Documents/transporting_of_small_gas_cylinders_fact_sheet_096 6.pdf

I am more concerned about the bottle being transported on it's side. As I understand it, this is major explosion waiting to happen & an absolute NO NO. The bottle has a pressure relief valve at the top, which MUST be in contact internally with vapour, NOT liquid gas. In the right circumstances (i.e. inside a very hot car) the pressure relief valve can release gas. If the bottle is on it's side, instead of gas being released, liquid gas will be released. A small amount of liquid equals a large amount of gas. One spark, (static, a switch, lighting a smoke etc) & KABOOM!, no more car, driver or passengers. Further I have read that if the valve seal remains in contact with the liquid gas for long periods, that this will eventually cause the seal to leak. I also read somewhere that IF an LPG cylinder has been transported on it's side that it should be stood upright for at least 30 minutes before use.

I am no expert on this stuff, just repeating what those who know have said elsewhere. Better safe than sorry.

Cuppa