PDA

View Full Version : GU 3D model with Solidworks

Outrage
22nd August 2012, 03:04 PM
When I finished up with the rockslider design (as seen in the other post http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?14185-Rockslider-FEA-Stress-analysis), I decided to turn the model which was originally created for the stress analysis into a model of the whole Patrol. It's a work in progress (although it took a lot to get it to where it is at), have taken a break from it for a bit but will eventually get back to it to make it more realistic.

So some pretty pictures again using the picture render ability built into Solidworks.

Outrage
23rd August 2012, 09:59 AM
To be fair, the body was taken off the internet and I modified it, added bullbar, the sliders, rear bar, wheels/tyres lights roof rack etc. This is what it started out as.

Ignore the cuts/funny shapes in the panels, it's actually smooth, just came out funny in the picture.

Outrage
31st August 2012, 04:35 PM
Gotten a new paint job, new rubber, different sliders (changes aren't really visible in this image) and went to the snow.

Maybe if I remain quiet at work I could do up a NissanPatrol.com.au one :)

vk3mnm
9th September 2012, 10:20 PM
Nice work mate looks good to me, I haven't used solid works but have been told its way easier than most other cad programs, that picture you did doesn't look like it would have been that easy to do.

TommyK
14th November 2016, 06:34 AM
Hi guys,
I'm looking for short GQ 3D model. Of course I'm interested in whole body but my aim is to get accurate axle models. Do you have any idea where can I get them?