PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted: black widow cargo barrier install

BearGUST
22nd August 2012, 04:01 PM
Hey all, I picked up a second hand cargo barrier on eBay. From the info I have found on here it appears to be a black widow as it has this style upper bracket:
My question is, how do the lower brackets attach? Do you need to drill into the floor here:
Or am I missing brackets which utilise existing threaded holes?

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2012, 04:54 PM
Hi mate, have moved your thread into the DIY Section under Questions related to DIY projects.

I wouldn't recommend drilling holes in the floor, if there are no thread holes under the carpet where the bracket sits, then you will either need to buy new brackets or make some up to suit.

No tag with a part number on it???

Cheers

Toddie

Irvs
22nd August 2012, 05:09 PM
Most come with a long flat bracket that is adjustable and can reach the rear seat bolt holes.

You could just buy a bog basic bracket from your local hardware store and a couple of bolts to bolt it to your existing bracket and also down to the frame.

I'll go take a couple of pics where mine bolted down and and the bracket that comes on my cargo barrier.

Irvs
22nd August 2012, 07:34 PM

I pointed my key at the bolt I thought it bolted down too but on second thoughts I think it when to the one under the flap of carpet just next to it. it's not important really, any would do.

Something similar to this would work well.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Steel-Bicycle-Pannier-Rack-Slotted-Mounting-Brackets-Flat-7-5cm-Long-Black-2ea-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/%24(KGrHqF,!lEE%2B17FquTrBQKCCFUJJ!~~60_57.JPG

Hope this helps.

BearGUST
22nd August 2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys, I got in contact with black widow who were very helpful! They were happy to send out fitting instructions and fitting kit details, even said they'd send out individual parts.
The bad news is they informed me that they don't make full height barriers do mine is not a black widow.
It should be easy to buy some flat bar and make a couple of brackets to utilise some existing holes.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2012, 08:51 PM
Did they try 2 sell you a new barrier as well???

Good 2 hear they were helpful even though it wasn't one of there products