PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Fortnightly/monthly newsletter

AB
22nd August 2012, 01:03 PM
The forum has the ability to send out monthly/fortnightly or bi monthly newsletters to your email address.

Just wanting to get some opinions on this from members....Poll is above, please vote!

I get a lot of newsletters sent to me from other memberships, etc and they either end up in the spam folder or get deleted. I do read some of them if they interest me so if I set this up with latest news, up and coming events, trips or reports, etc what would you think about it?

It could consist of the following...

Latest News
Up and coming events
Winner of the DIY of the month
Winner of Mod of the month
Winner of the members ride of the month
Forum news
Any new additions to the forum
Industry news (good or bad)

NOTE: THIS IS A PRIVATE VOTE SO NO ONE CAN SEE WHAT YOU VOTED SO PLEASE VOTE HONESTLY!

patch697
22nd August 2012, 01:16 PM
I think a monthly News letter would be a good idea.

Sir Roofy
22nd August 2012, 01:25 PM
Monthly seems like a good idea

sam697
22nd August 2012, 01:35 PM
Yep, what they ^^^^^ said

rusty_nail
22nd August 2012, 02:27 PM
i agree, it would be a great idea! but wouldnt that mean alotta more work for you?

AB
22nd August 2012, 02:30 PM
i agree, it would be a great idea! but wouldnt that mean alotta more work for you?

lol...Yeah it would be, but I just can't help myself...I like designing so I would most likely want to do it and funk the newsletter up with graphics, etc...

MudRunnerTD
22nd August 2012, 02:34 PM
Nah i reckon weekly mate!!! You got plenty of time!

Maxhead
22nd August 2012, 02:34 PM
Sorry, can't vote on phone. Usually I delete most newsletters but i would probably read this one depending on the content.

I'll go with the flow

..........on the move

rusty_nail
22nd August 2012, 02:37 PM
lol...Yeah it would be, but I just can't help myself...I like designing so I would most likely want to do it and funk the newsletter up with graphics, etc...

so you saying it will be like 4wd action? full of ads? damn i cant change my vote. nah just kidding i think its an awesome idea mate!

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2012, 02:43 PM
Like the idea of monthly, or every 5 years like the Nissan Patrol Magazine *LMAO*

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Count me in and if I don't get a new Magazine soon I'm going to have to cancel my membership *L*

AB
22nd August 2012, 02:48 PM
Like the idea of monthly, or every 5 years like the Nissan Patrol Magazine *LMAO*

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Count me in and if I don't get a new Magazine soon I'm going to have to cancel my membership *L*

It's a special addition that magazine...LMAO

No it wont have adds....Well it would for non forum sponsors maybe....lol

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2012, 02:57 PM
It's a special addition that magazine...LMAO

No it wont have adds....Well it would for non forum sponsors maybe....lol

So every 5 years then *LMAO*

Need to do my new category and sub sections before starting new projects..........Them the rules boss *L*

taslucas
22nd August 2012, 04:09 PM
What would be in it?

AB
22nd August 2012, 04:32 PM
What would be in it?

Latest News
Up and coming events
Winner of the DIY of the month
Winner of Mod of the month
Winner of the members ride of the month
Forum news
Any new additions to the forum
Industry news (good or bad)
Pictures of me dressed up in a mankini

The usual...lol

Could be a good way to keep people informed who dont have time to be on here as much as some of us.

Could be a good way to inspire people to win the competitions, etc...Maybe there could be prizes....Prizes that arn't going to send me bankrupt....LMAO

Sounds exciting actually...lol

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2012, 04:41 PM
Could be a good way to inspire people to win the competitions, etc...If there is any money left over to buy prizes after buying Todd a new Nissan Patrol

Thanks mate, ur just 2 kind, never really could see me in a GU, but I suppose I could use it as a daily driver and use the GQ for the bush where a real Patrol is needed *LMAO*

taslucas
22nd August 2012, 05:01 PM
Lol good one Todd:-)

And thanks for cutting and pasting the first post Andy, instead of just calling me a blind idiot lol.

I just cancelled my 4wda emails and newsletters because they were getting real annoying. Like 4 or 5 emails a week trying to sell me the same carp over and over.
I'm sure yours will be a pleasure to read though AB and I look forward to it.:-)

Maxhead
22nd August 2012, 05:07 PM
Pictures of me dressed up in a mankini

The usual...

Sounds exciting actually...lol

Bring it on mate , let's see the first edition

..........on the move

AB
22nd August 2012, 05:14 PM
Lol good one Todd:-)

And thanks for cutting and pasting the first post Andy, instead of just calling me a blind idiot lol.

I just cancelled my 4wda emails and newsletters because they were getting real annoying. Like 4 or 5 emails a week trying to sell me the same carp over and over.
I'm sure yours will be a pleasure to read though AB and I look forward to it.:-)

No mate, I cut my reply to your question and pasted in the first post.....Your not going mad...LMAO

cgm
22nd August 2012, 05:36 PM
I like the idea of monthly. Nothing wrong with a few ads here and there - if it helps keeps things going I think everyone understands that. Some of the ads can also give good ideas.

But also agree with the other comments. With all the different magazines they've made up and now also buying into Tigerz, EMG/FWDA have gone mad with an excuse to send an email every other day and then reminders to the last one, etc. etc. I used to enjoy it, but now it's too much and put me right off ... So you don't want to end up there.

Bloodyaussie
22nd August 2012, 06:22 PM
When I was in the Motorcycle trade the forum I was part of use to have maintenance days for the noobs to pick up the basics (some use to expect full service and tune) they did all the work and the senior members would just give guidance.

For the senior members it was just an excuse to have a beer/BBQ and meet with members.

We had them at different places (I had 3 at my house) and usually members who wanted to eat brought there own food..

My point being that it would be good to meet up every few months for a beer/bbq to say g'day and sticky beek at what members have done to there rigs first hand.

I know this has steered off the topic of a news letter but it did do a lot to strengthen the forums member base plus help put names to faces.

Anyway ... stuck at home with 2 kids that are quarantined and am thinking way too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taslucas
22nd August 2012, 06:36 PM
No mate, I cut my reply to your question and pasted in the first post.....Your not going mad...LMAO

Hahaha phew!

AB
22nd August 2012, 07:31 PM
When I was in the Motorcycle trade the forum I was part of use to have maintenance days for the noobs to pick up the basics (some use to expect full service and tune) they did all the work and the senior members would just give guidance.

For the senior members it was just an excuse to have a beer/BBQ and meet with members.

We had them at different places (I had 3 at my house) and usually members who wanted to eat brought there own food..

My point being that it would be good to meet up every few months for a beer/bbq to say g'day and sticky beek at what members have done to there rigs first hand.

I know this has steered off the topic of a news letter but it did do a lot to strengthen the forums member base plus help put names to faces.

Anyway ... stuck at home with 2 kids that are quarantined and am thinking way too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the NP club house is built there will be regular meet ups indeed...lol

Monthly newsletter with good information and forum winners announcements etc

Timmo
22nd August 2012, 11:33 PM
im gonna go with the herd and say monthly..................

Woof
23rd August 2012, 01:58 AM
Hey mate, how about daily....you know just an overview of all the days forum posts, so I have not got to try and go through 100 of them every night when I get home at 2130 WST.
If you can not do that then monthly will have to do I suppose....hahaha

oncedisturbed
23rd August 2012, 02:03 AM
monthly sounds good

choppie
11th November 2012, 02:46 PM
Missed this thread, bugga monthly or even bi-monthly would work AB.

BigRAWesty
11th November 2012, 06:30 PM
I'm guessing most content would be drawn from the site which i think would be a good thing as I do miss a lot of stuff
I think fortnightly if you have the time.. Weekly would only be a couple of pages and monthly would be a novel!!!

But I'm keen..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

megatexture
11th November 2012, 10:27 PM
Great idea and am looking forward to it but is this another monthly mag that you will make one of lol

AB
12th November 2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys and girls...

When Christmas finally rolls around I want to look into this more as well as the forum app.

Time is not on my side lately...LMAO

mudski
13th November 2012, 08:55 AM
Monthly vote for me...

Bigrig
13th November 2012, 09:11 AM
Definitely monthly at the most ...

Do you need any "journalists"?? lol

Bloodyaussie
13th November 2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys and girls...

When Christmas finally rolls around I want to look into this more as well as the forum app.

Time is not on my side lately...LMAO
Quality over quantity Andy.... he he!!!!

rkinsey
13th November 2012, 09:31 AM
Hey AB,

Maybe we could have articles contributed by members in each state to give a brief overview of local news, track conditions, meetups etc.

Definately a platform for small business operators to be given a go as well. Perhaps advertising for them at a small price or they can contribute to the "News"

Cheers,

Rob

DX grunt
13th November 2012, 09:41 AM
I like the bi-monthly idea.

I know a lot of people want to see it more frequently, but, I know how much time, energy and commitment is required to keep it going.

It's a big commitment to balance this, other forum stuff and family commitments.

I know from personal experience, volunteering can become an expectation, and burn out starts to appear - then the love and passion disappears.

If I'm wrong, please, 'go knock yourself out' and go for it!

Take care out there.

Rossco

AB
13th November 2012, 10:05 AM
Like collaborating the 3 word game into a story Rossco...lol....That would be a nightmare!!!!

BigRAWesty
13th November 2012, 10:16 AM
Like collaborating the 3 word game into a story Rossco...lol....That would be a nightmare!!!!

That would be awesome...

But I like the vendors section idea. Maybe have a write up each issue submitted by vendor as a meet and great. as well as some paid advertising by the vendors..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)