PDA

View Full Version : A freebie from Mr. Nissan

NIZZBITS
25th October 2010, 09:35 PM
Hard to believe huh. :smiley_thumbs_up:

GU owners with alloy wheels (the ones that fall off if not tensioned properly or rechecked) might get a letter sometime soon (don't panic yet) with an offer for free wheel nut indicators from Mr. Nissan.
Little bird told me tonight.:cheers:

NIZZBITS
25th October 2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks for that Garry. Such a token effort for such a well known problem but at least they're doing something I suppose.

Owner onus applies however. Be vigilant with the alloys.

Yep at least they are doing something. It comes under goodwill/coveryourass me thinks.

Maxhead
26th October 2010, 10:20 PM
Hey Gary, What if you were not the original owner. Do you still qualify...I would hope so, except I might not receive a letter

NIZZBITS
26th October 2010, 11:03 PM
Hey Gary, What if you were not the original owner. Do you still qualify...I would hope so, except I might not receive a letter

Once it start happening (I will let you know or others will say they have a letter) I reckon if you don't get one in a few weeks just ring your dealer and say hey my mate got one what about me. Don't think it will be a big deal. They are doing something like 49,000 Patrols. Every GU since the start.

Maxhead
27th October 2010, 06:40 AM
Cool, thanks.
Pretty little nut indicators.....:bananarock:

Timbo
28th October 2010, 08:57 PM
Sh!t hey.. I'm gonna check mine are tightened on the weekend then!

I miss my black sunnies.. pity they have 35's on them and I cant be arsed lifting them and fitting them. Maybe I should buy some sunnies for the 33's and flog the alloys off!

DX grunt
28th October 2010, 10:05 PM
I always check my nuts! lol

my third 256
7th November 2010, 12:11 AM
hi fellas got my letter yesterday went to main north nissan and they have to order the parts in so another wate
the letter comer from head office to all owners of gu patrols
they get info from rego depts
keep your nuts tight stephen

NIZZBITS
8th November 2010, 10:30 PM
You can contact your dealer if you have not got a letter. They should be able to do it anyway. Nissan sent about 20 sets out to each dealer to get them started and I believe they have plenty of stock so getting them done shouldn't be a drama. The dealer probably doesn't want to do too many each day (they will get bugger all to do it) as it will drag their percentages down so will use the age old (no parts mate) excuse.

patch697
8th November 2010, 10:44 PM
So whats a good way to get around that issue???

MADCOW
9th November 2010, 10:19 AM
Yep got my letter yesterday and will drop into the dealer this arvo. I do not have the oem wheels on my truck but they are sitting in the shed if I need to use them again. I wonder if they will give me the part anyway? It will be interesting to see how they hold up when in mud etc

RustyNails
10th November 2010, 07:37 PM
I'm taking the MIL's GUIV in Monday arvo for them, by the look of the pics in the letter they are fairly flimsy but do not look half as lame as the ones on the busses at work.

If you haven't got a letter ring up the dealer and tell them it is Service Campaign P0350 and give them your VIN, I am sure they will sort it out for you.

Paul

pauljud
23rd November 2010, 06:36 PM
Got my letter last week so I will give Main North Nissan a call to give them notice if they have to get the nutty-indicators in, thanks for the heads-up.