PDA

View Full Version : Whats in Wyalkatchem?

knightpatrol66
20th August 2012, 05:37 PM
Hey All

As a new resident of Wylie, Have had a look around and a couple of K's out of town here there is a fun place to play. West Moto Park. Justin has acres of tracks for Quads, Motocross bikes, Dune Buggys etc...Has camping grounds there and all.....

www.westmotopark.com.au

I was off talking to him the other day and suggested developing a 4X4 Trials track(s) on the property. Was just wondering if there are enough Fourby's that would show up of he started holding events there?????

It looks as though several "courses/tracks" could be setup and he certainly has the room to put everyone up....so let me or Justin out there know if there's enough interest and we could have a very well setup place to Flex and Stretch our Beastie's....Could even invite Cruisers and have a Patrol Vs the rest competitions...

Anyhow...Just throwing it out there as it is VERY possible it could happen....Members here could even have a lot of input as to the design of the tracks and courses/obstacles.....

Cheers All and safe driving

AJ :smile:

Stropp
20th August 2012, 05:51 PM
mate even if its just a 4wd course of some type where you can go and challenge yourself without the competition angle and somewhere to camp with facilities that would generate quite a bit of interest as the closest place that i know of is gasgoyne. I would be contacting the local clubs like western patrol etc to gauge interest.

oncedisturbed
20th August 2012, 05:55 PM
X2 with stropp, only other place is MOA except for the odd comp at mudflats down south

threedogs
20th August 2012, 06:00 PM
Just look at the success of Loveday and the likes. Being involved with events like Cruiserkhana you'll find insurance will kill i,. you cant have timed events as that means its a race.
theres a bit in it. A great technical driving track on a points system will get around the previous problem. Would love to be involved

knightpatrol66
20th August 2012, 07:09 PM
I agree with the no race bit........The go-fast racing is best left to others..........Justin and I were discussing serious trials tracks...transponders can be available to measure time across the course ( not racing) just best time which could allow for getting stuck etc...A serious skills course and I'm sure there are those of you who wouldn't mind teaching skills and safety while we are all at it.....The Park has some serious insurance in place already. He even has recovery options in place ready to go.......I will get on to him tonight and let him know there is interest. "Wylie" is only 2 hours from Perth and the facility's he has out there are great. I will ask about how much space he has in total, but it is monstrous :) 6 or seven camping areas for groups or single spots BBQ etc etc, and I've not met a person yet that doesn't love this place....Will keep you all posted :)

FOLLOW UP: Just spoke to Justin who runs the Park, and they have tossed this around before, but didn't think there was enough interest, he certainly has the space and facilities to make this happen and is keen to. As for the technical track he would be happy to engineer any and all designs. Input from those here would definitely make this happen, and I personally think this would be bloody fantastic. Register your interest and I reckon this COULD happen!!

Be awesome to have a place specifically designed for 4X4's and in between trials i'm sure there's a few that would want to go motor cross riding or jump on a quad or whatever.....sounds like a bloody great long weekend that could happen regularly, hell the younger ones could even go paint balling in between trials too.....keep the input up guys...

choochie
21st August 2012, 02:37 PM
Two big thumbs up from me and about 10 of my 4wding mates.

DX grunt
21st August 2012, 04:00 PM
Just checked the website out, and, WOW !!!!

Has camping grounds there and all.....

www.westmotopark.com.au

Time for this little secret to be exposed!

I'm impressed. WOW - and only just over 100k's from my new home.

Consider this thread as my registration of interest.

I'll PM you AJ.

knightpatrol66
27th September 2012, 12:40 AM
Hi All, well it's not forgotten but there is a million hoops to jump through to get this happening. There are some pics of the old gypsum mine I visited the other day and the right people are being contacted to help allow us to build a super track on this site, as well as Justin considering the Flex and Trials Track where he is. It's amazing how one little idea can end up a massive "Could We?" but it is in progress and other sites are being looked at here to try and make this all happen...I guess patience is the Key.....

Clunk
27th September 2012, 01:34 AM
Definitely interested in this, only 2 hours out of Perth, short enough distances for a day out I reckon

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Woof
27th September 2012, 12:22 PM
Count me in on this one mate, well done

knightpatrol66
27th September 2012, 05:11 PM
Workin on it Clunk......The Overall Plan would be several sites, where it goes from flex tracks to climb to navigation etc......Not just a day out but a weekend of 4B :)

Dinger
28th September 2012, 12:14 AM
This is a great plan
Will you require help from us

knightpatrol66
28th September 2012, 10:25 AM
This is a great plan
Will you require help from us

Hell Yeah Dinger....The Idea would be that everyone gets some input into the type of obstacles etc and types of track we could have here. Theres another photo of the area at the Mine that ( if permission given) D4's etc could easily build, so to keep all keen, have a think about it and email myself ( here) or Justin at Westmotopark ( see link further up this page ) and let him know the interest is building. Have a gander at the next pic...easily build some wicked tracks amongst all this. :) Reckon we could call this..."Surface of the Moon:
Will be meeting up with the Town's CEO soon to discuss making the area's, part of the Towns "appeal" They even allowed a Turbo Group here the other day and were doing 1/4 mile runs on the local airstrip, and we've had the "Porsche Club" here doing the same thing...Amongst the Motocross we could end up being the place to go for motorsports....But I'm concentrating on the Fourby Movement first, as we all need that down pat....This is a great town to hang in too. Plenty of great facilities to camp or stay at , plenty of Diesel and some of the best food at the local Roadhouse. Fred and Dawn put out top food down there and Justin's Facilities are top notch too......Will keep you all advised as we go along. Keep the ideas and designs for tracks coming in, this way everyone gets a little bit of what they want in there :)

Cheers All....Drive Safe.Be Safe

oncedisturbed
28th September 2012, 06:07 PM
I likey this am keen on this idea

Tap, Tap Taparoo

cairnsGU
28th September 2012, 09:14 PM
Geez that name brings back memories. I spent a lot of my growing up on a farm in Nungarin. My old man was director of nursing at wyalkatchem hospital...been itching to get back around there for a visit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

DX grunt
28th September 2012, 09:26 PM
I haven't forgotten either. lol

I've got a bit on my plate at the moment, but I haven't forgotten about it.

Rossco