PDA

View Full Version : Which Fuel Filter / Separator

kraza
20th August 2012, 09:31 AM
Hi All
How many of you have replaced the genuine Diesle fuel/water seperator filter on an 03 ZD30 with an aftermarket product. What product, how would you rate that product and would you recommend it being replaced and for what reason, knew at all this.
Cheers Kraza

mfw
7th September 2012, 07:10 PM
Installed a 80gpm fass system, has 2 filters one is the water seperator the other is a 3 micron, the pump supplies the fuel at 8psi to the oem filter and what is not used goes back to the tank.
Works well, cost around 800 for the whole kit strait from the states.
I never really worry about the injector pump being trashed by the fuel anymore.

Maxhead
7th September 2012, 07:37 PM
You never know the fuel you put in your tank . I think any separator is good.

This is what I drained out of my filter this morning after getting some crap fuel
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/09/35.jpg

Drew
8th September 2012, 06:19 PM
Um that doesn't look right. :)

my third 256
8th September 2012, 06:27 PM
You never know the fuel you put in your tank . I think any separator is good.

This is what I drained out of my filter this morning after getting some crap fuel
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/09/35.jpg
are you sure you put the right hose in or were you just pissed from the night before

my third 256
8th September 2012, 06:28 PM
lookes suspiciouse to me bit yellow

Maxhead
8th September 2012, 07:08 PM
Hajaha, was pissed but not that pissed...lolol

I think the colour is right. Retail diesel is light yellow and the commercial stuff is blue I think but since when you get water as an additive ;)

Drew
9th September 2012, 09:26 AM
Hajaha, was pissed but not that pissed...lolol

I think the colour is right. Retail diesel is light yellow and the commercial stuff is blue I think but since when you get water as an additive ;)
Water based lube is common so why not diesel? :)

Maxhead
9th September 2012, 10:19 AM
Water based lube is common so why not diesel? :)

It's good stuff that water, you can even drink it ;). Hahaha

........... On the move

Rumcajs
14th September 2012, 07:59 PM
Installed a 80gpm fass system, has 2 filters one is the water seperator the other is a 3 micron, the pump supplies the fuel at 8psi to the oem filter and what is not used goes back to the tank.
Works well, cost around 800 for the whole kit strait from the states.
I never really worry about the injector pump being trashed by the fuel anymore.

Any chance of sharing a bit more info about the FASS setup(which type, mounting points etc) including some pics of the finished mod. I've been agonizing over this for a while and looking at the options but can't really decide which model/unit to choose.
Cheers

mfw
23rd December 2012, 12:17 PM
I have the cab chassis, mounted the pump in the rear dog box, ran power to the pump from the trailer brake circ, also fitted a valve on the outlet, can shut off fuel to prevent theft. I used a 80gph model with 2 filters 1 water seperator and the other is a 3 micron, the pump pushes the fuel at 8 psi to the injector pump, I have a 4.2 motor, the remaining fuel returns through the injector pump as per normal, the fass pump has a return line that needs to be cut into the fuel filler hose, this fuel is constantly circulated around the fass system and cleaned, all air is remouved also. fitting took around 3 hrs.
I purchased the titanium model for 300hp engines at 80 gph it cam in a kit with everything, cost about700delivered

Michael

Dodge 89-93 095G
Part #: T D02 095G
Qty: 1

USD$ 578.55

• Your order may be shipped to you by FASS Fuel Systems or by an authorized FASS Fuel Systems retailer.

• If sales tax is required, it will be added to the order.

• If your order includes a pre-ordered item, visit the FASS Fuel Systems website to view its expected release date. We will send email when the item is available.

• The charge will appear on your billing statement as: Shopatron*FASS Fuel .

mfw
23rd December 2012, 12:18 PM
• Your order may be shipped to you by FASS Fuel Systems or by an authorized FASS Fuel Systems retailer.

• If sales tax is required, it will be added to the order.

• If your order includes a pre-ordered item, visit the FASS Fuel Systems website to view its expected release date. We will send email when the item is available.

• The charge will appear on your billing statement as: Shopatron*FASS Fuel .