PDA

View Full Version : Noisy cab vents?

Patrol94
19th August 2012, 05:06 PM
Hi all. Im not sure if anyone has had the problem but on my 3.0l CRD ute the cab vents are real noisy just wondering if anyone has had this problem or know how to fix it or just any ideas please?

boots
19th August 2012, 05:39 PM
Hi Patrol94 . Dont know if this is any help but I had alot of trouble with a noisy / rattly vent control unit - vent ducts. depended on engine revs , road surface and if I had the vent on open or recirculate . pulled the radio and instrument cluster out and used plenty of dense sponge , duct tape ,little bits of wood wrapped up in sponge and plastic ties to secure the system up . worked for me .OH yeh mines an 04 GU wagon 3lt .

Patrol94
19th August 2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah I actually had that same sort of problem before and managed to get it fixed but this time it's like the open vents where air comes in at the back of the cab. Thanks for the advice tho.

DX grunt
19th August 2012, 06:13 PM
Turn the music up louder, then you won't hear it.

Sorry for my inappropriate comment in your time of need, but I couldn't help myself. lol

Hope you get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Patrol94
19th August 2012, 06:21 PM
Haha yeah that's been my solution for the last few weeks aswel lol

roobs
29th October 2012, 10:57 AM
I had the same problem, I glued plastic covers on the inside of them, then went for a drive with the a/c on and my ears started popping like I was taking off in a plane haha, so I took the covers off went and got some foam from clark rubber and stuck that in there. Went for a drive and and it made a big difference and my ears weren't popping.

Patrol94
30th October 2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah I've done that to the passenger side now a lot better the driver side but also left the flaps closed so no air would get out even closing the doors was harder.... On the driver side the filler cap in the way so I can't get the vent out will have to pull the tray of or remove the filler line not sure yet haha