PDA

View Full Version : The BigFella's camper trailer combo

The BigFella
19th August 2012, 11:55 AM
Well here's our "new" (used) camper trailer. I was lucky to get this when my Brother mentioned in passing he was selling his old camper in preparation for a new one! I knew it was an old unit but strong and extra heavy duty. So this week I painted the big girl and gave her a freshen up with some LED Courtesy lights for inside the tent and an FM/CD/MP-3 Stereo. Didnt come up too bad,,,,

Irvs
19th August 2012, 12:06 PM
You wouldnt even know its used would you?
Tidy paint job there mate, is it a hammertone finish?

Irvs

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

GUtsy ute
19th August 2012, 01:09 PM
Nicely done,
Came up a treat, how soon till it gets a tryout?

Silver
19th August 2012, 03:29 PM
Nice work, a lot of memories of great trips to be made there!

MEGOMONSTER
19th August 2012, 05:34 PM
I'm torn between camper or caravan but I love tenting it but Missus not too fond.

The BigFella
19th August 2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys, it's a custom shade of hammer-tone. I had about 1.5lt of grey and .5lt of gunmetal grey so mixed them together! Nothing like a custom paint job,,,,,,,,,
Spent about an hour masking up and a couple of hours spraying,,,, then hey presto!
Love using Hammer-tone, it covers all the sins!!!

MegoMonster- we have come full circle from swags/tents/several different camper trailers then eventually a nice Jayco van/ to camper trailer. For us it lets us get to the areas we enjoy, where as the van had too many limitations.

GUtsy Ute- well it's actually set up in the back yard so we can see what we need included and what we can cull, we are planning on going somewhere in the next couple of weeks. Then we might head inland for the October long weekend.