PDA

View Full Version : LED's on dash lights.

Danny
19th June 2010, 01:32 AM
I know this sounds a bit wanky but i'm trying to keep busy and was considering changing my dash lights to LED.

I wouldn't mind getting a coloured light aswell.

Has anyone done thiis?

Was it a huge mission and was it worth the effort?

Thanks guys.

Timbo
19th June 2010, 07:27 AM
Just did a quick search.

EBAY LINK (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/T10-Blue-LED-Dash-Light-Kit-Commodore-VR-VS-VN-VP-8-/390108975256) This ebay seller does LED bulbs for dashboards. I think they are only for commodores, but he might know what to get for patrols etc.
As far as I know, they would just be a simple bulb the you can swap over. The hard part would be knowing which part number fits etc. But I think it's definitely doable. They've been making coloured LED's for dashboards for a while now. There is also a mod you can do where you can change the colour of the celofane. Well, in older cards like my VL, when you pull the dash apart, there's a thin green plastic shield that the light penetrates to give the green colour. People were changing these for red, blue etc..

I think it's probably easier with the LED bulbs though.

cyanobacteria
9th November 2010, 05:27 PM
Haven't pulled apart the Patrol yet but did this on my old Pathfinder. Easy switch to do, you can buy the LED inserts from Jaycar. Much brighter. Depends on how easy it'd be to get the instrument panel out - with the Pathfinder it always screwed up the tach for some unknown reason.

im2xtreem
10th November 2010, 03:45 PM
Mate, there are a few guys on the Patrol.conm.au forum that have done this.they all went blue. I do remember there was a guy selling blue buld kits for the Patrol on ebay but havn't looked in ages so not sure if he is still there. I will try and find the posts on the other forum and post a link for you.

CHEERS
Shayne
(im2xtreem)

NissanGQ4.2
10th November 2010, 07:20 PM
Mate, there are a few guys on the Patrol.conm.au forum that have done this.they all went blue. I do remember there was a guy selling blue buld kits for the Patrol on ebay but havn't looked in ages so not sure if he is still there. I will try and find the posts on the other forum and post a link for you.

CHEERS
Shayne
(im2xtreem)

Hi Shane, could you check the web addy for me as it doesn't seem to exist

big_fletch
10th November 2010, 09:46 PM
Hey there mate i think Shayne might have ment Patrol4x4, i have read a few articles about guys doing it on there, and there are a few pics as well..Tempted to do my patrol as well after seeing them

im2xtreem
10th November 2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Shane, could you check the web addy for me as it doesn't seem to exist

Mate, here is the patrol4x4 forum link: patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/my-upgraded-instrament-cluster-19883/

Hope this helps a little. I'm still looking form the blue light kits on ebay but I almost bought one myself a while ago...they were only around $20-30.

CHEERS
Shayne

NOTE: DIRECT LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO PATROL4X4's VIRUS PROBLEMS, ENTERING THE ABOVE LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

KIND REGARDS

FORUM MANAGEMENT

im2xtreem
10th November 2010, 10:06 PM
I have just found the ebay link to the blue dash light kits. Here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ZPE-Blue-dash-LED-kit-Nissan-Patrol-GU-Series-1-/280586472424?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415441cbe8
The kit looks good and I am STILL tempted to buy one! lol

CHEERS
Shayne

antiskeptic
29th January 2012, 07:48 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-Blue-LED-Dash-Light-Kit-/170748101037?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c16141ad