PDA

View Full Version : Nads

Fiftynow
19th August 2012, 10:17 AM
The components for my NADS coming together nicely. So far I have:

Provent 200, I will buy the hoses etc from Pirtek, or my Son will as he can get them at trade prices,
EGR blanking plate, (thanks Ferret)
SAAS Boost gauge.

I have a Dawes valve en route from the US.

I have a couple of questions though.

What is the best position for the needle (?) as I have seen them both in the cab and in the engine bay, and

Is an EGT gauge really necessary?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

Brian.

threedogs
19th August 2012, 10:24 AM
You will definetly need the EGT guage as it'll show whats going on with boost. as for the needle valve I left mine under the bonnet, IMO can't see a need to keep adjusting it.
personal choice though. It didnt take long to set up.

mudski
19th August 2012, 08:34 PM
I got mine in the dash, same as where Chaz put his. But its a set and forget type of thing anyhow. But I like gadgets and stuff in and on my dash so it was a no brainer for me...

kond
20th August 2012, 06:38 PM
Agreed egt gauge is a must

Fiftynow
3rd September 2012, 02:20 PM
Afternoon all. Just a quick update on the progress of the NADS. My plan was to wait until I had all the parts before doing anything but I am still waiting for the Dawes Valve to arrive from the US so I decided I would do what little jobs I could. This weekend I installed and plumbed the catchcan. Looks ok but one of the hoses seems to be interfering with the intercooler cover but not significantly so.

I guess I'll just have to hurry up and wait for the rest.

Cheers.

Brian.

Sir Roofy
3rd September 2012, 03:43 PM
afternoon all. Just a quick update on the progress of the nads. My plan was to wait until i had all the parts before doing anything but i am still waiting for the dawes valve to arrive from the us so i decided i would do what little jobs i could. This weekend i installed and plumbed the catchcan. Looks ok but one of the hoses seems to be interfering with the intercooler cover but not significantly so.

I guess i'll just have to hurry up and wait for the rest.

Cheers.

Brian.

hi brian
where the top hose touches the side of the cover
just trim to suit its only soft plastic

cheers roofy

threedogs
3rd September 2012, 03:56 PM
You can use a power finger file to remove some material from the plastic cover. Don't forget to cable tie all hoses and trim ends with a knife not side cutters etc, You'll thank me later
ALL cable ties should be trimmed with a blade FLUSH.

mudski
6th September 2012, 06:42 PM
This is how I did my cover. Trimmed it down with a Dremmel and then sliced a piece of vacuum hose longways and put it around the cut section.
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8209/nads001large.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/nads001large.jpg/)

threedogs
6th September 2012, 07:29 PM
Good job, looks neat too and thats important.

Fiftynow
7th September 2012, 09:19 AM
Looks good mudski. I'll be copying if that's ok with you.

Cheers,

Brian.

mudski
7th September 2012, 08:11 PM
Hehe no probs mate. We're here to help each other...