PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Turbo flange gasket needed for 3inch system

mudski
19th August 2012, 01:03 AM
Picked up my 3inch Redback system this morning, was busy all day so I started at 8pm tonight. Stupid me didn't check all the gaskets until I had removed the old system. Then I realised they had put in the wrong turbo flange gasket. It doesn't even match up to the new exhaust bolt holes. I was going to use the original gasket as its still good but there ain't much sealing on the new flange.
So if anyone has a spare in Melbourne or know of a place open tomorrow that may have one. Please tell. Even sms me on 0488-387666 as I have to work all day tomorrow, so now the wife has no wheels tomorrow. Either that or I wait until monday to get a new one from where I got the pipe from but I need the car for work that I have booked in.

nissannewby
19th August 2012, 02:40 AM
If you need it just bolt it up with out the gasket it may leak a little and be a little noisier but you will be able to drive it until you get the correct gasket. I know its a little bit of double handling but it will get you on the road.

mudski
19th August 2012, 09:42 AM
thats a negative sir. Theres too much that needs to be bolted on above the turbo after the works done. I'd rather do it properly and once. Albeit taking me longer.

AB
19th August 2012, 09:51 AM
Are you talking about the gasket for the turbo to dump pipe?

You could ring around the general places today Bursons, Autobarn and Repco, etc but doubt they would have it.

Tomorrow you could try Eastern Turbo in Bayswater (http://www.easternturbo.com.au/a/Contact-Us), they have a bucket load of all types of gaskets on their wall in the shop.

Not sure about your side of town though. Try Epping and Thomastown areas first thing Monday.

mudski
19th August 2012, 07:42 PM
You wouldn't believe it I went to Repco in Thomastown, and was greeted buy a very enthusiastic girl(Not), anyhow they found one there!!! Now I just have to figure out how to stop one on the turbo flange studs from working loose. Last time I use Super Stud lock but it still came loose.

MC97GQ
19th August 2012, 07:46 PM
Nice one mate,

Repco is not what it used to be(once it was a serious car parts retailer). Get some Loctite(don't know the number) but there is one for high temperature applications.

Mark

nissannewby
19th August 2012, 07:47 PM
Loctite thread lock wont work very well in high heat applications. In my industry we use heat to undo bolts that have been done up with loctite. I would either put it in dry or try some copper anti seize.

mudski
19th August 2012, 08:38 PM
I don't have copper anti seize. I want this bugger to seize in their as it had worked loose on a three month period. The first time it was missing totally. I think i will chuck some quick metal on it as I reckon the thread must be a bit worn for the stud to come loose all the time. Worth a crack anyhow. It need to be done tonight too as I need my wheels tomorrow...

97_gq_lwb
19th August 2012, 09:48 PM
If the stud pertruded on the other side sometimes a nice hit with a center puch in between the stud and cast will stop it coming loose.
Or you could always drill through it with a small bit and tie wire it.