PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on spring rates URGENTLY....need to buy springs

WogsRus
17th August 2012, 10:07 PM
Hi Guys

So in the process of sorting out my lift and need to know what spring rates to go for.

I am looking at King Coils, and basically not sure what to get. I would like a soft plush ride, don't mind if its a little roly poly.

In the front, the car has a steel bull bar, lights and a 9000xp winch with future dual battery to go in to.

In the rear, i have a tow bar and tow my camper from time to time, but other then that, a st of home made draws, perhaps 30kg, and never carry much in the back.

I am looking to see if the progressive front and rear springs, KDPR-42 fronts and KDPR-43LP in the rear.

I am trying to work out if the front will support the bar and give say 40-50mm lift, or do i need to go to a HD spring.

Next question is, do you go to a HD spring in the rear if the front has to be HD too?

Thanks, your urgent response would be appreciated as i want to get the springs this weekend.

megatexture
17th August 2012, 10:14 PM
you don’t have to put heavy duty front and back just cos the other has them but it might pay to get some for the front, just work out the extra load you have put on in after market accessories and get a spring with the appropriate constant load, you could go some comfort springs on the back with air bags for when you do tow so you don’t have to put up with a harsh ride

Steve4wdin
17th August 2012, 10:18 PM
My suggestion for what its worth???? "fools rush in where angels fear to tread." I would give Zordo`s suspension a call, give him your loads and expectations, he will give give the best recomendations. He is in Brisbane. Not sure where you are. but he is great.

WogsRus
17th August 2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah i had pollies in teh Paj prior and they were great. Do you know if the Progressive rate fronts can handle any weigh. I guess winch is 35kg, lights, 3kg, Bull Bar 75kg according to ARB, so that is 100kg plus on the front.

Ta

WogsRus
17th August 2012, 10:21 PM
Based in tassie. Yeah i will send him a PM