PDA

View Full Version : Laptop holder

patrol2.8
17th August 2012, 07:03 PM
My son made me up a laptop holder for the gu so thought i would show some pics of what he did im really happy with it very stable (tested on the dunes of Portland) it mounts to the passenger seat frame and either sits as you see it in the pics or can be turned and sit closer to the dash justneed to remove it and paint it he made three of them 2 for gu`s and 1 for a gq all went well

Winnie
17th August 2012, 07:05 PM
That would be great for GPS applications. Can your son make one for me for free and I'll test it out for him!? lmao!

MEGOMONSTER
17th August 2012, 07:07 PM
Now that's a great idea/job.

threedogs
17th August 2012, 07:12 PM
Looks solid would it need an engineers certificate.
hate to see what happens if you run into tree etc.
I like it but just thinking what if......

NissanGQ4.2
17th August 2012, 07:14 PM
Nice work there by your son mate, I do hope he said before construction that your behind the times and that there are things called Ipads, tablets, car stereo's that turn into portable android tablets.......etc..............no need for big bulky laptops an more *LMAO*

patrol2.8
17th August 2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah know its old school but but so am i hehehe it holds a 10 inch laptop can hold a tablet aswell ive got aussie on the laptop etc also run extra guages for the ecu talk etc its actually out of the passengers way which is good also its take the bosses attention away from whats going on when out 4wding as she gets a little nervous at times

megatexture
17th August 2012, 09:03 PM
mate that looks awsome! are you going to line it with felt or somehthing on the inside? i would be verry happy with that but for a tablet so you dont have the monitor sticking up but cheers for sharing its certainly got me thinking!

nipagu7
18th August 2012, 03:19 PM
That looks good . Its hard to tell from the pics ,but does the tray unit swivel towards the pasenger or can they see it easily as is .

patrol2.8
20th August 2012, 11:39 AM
Will be removing painting and lining wanted to test it Portland to see how it went and the tray swivels so the passenger can go on the net watch dvds or whatever they want to do with it