PDA

View Full Version : faulty temp gauge

marc b
25th October 2010, 10:09 AM
Has anyone had problems with there temp gauge on the dash flickering on and off and you need to give it a slap to get working again ? I have plugged my mates dash in and it still did not work properly. I am not sure if its a broken wire or a lose connection in the harness. If there is someone with a soluation could you please give me some advice on what to do.

Thanks

marc b

YNOT
25th October 2010, 11:28 AM
It's just a guess because I've never had that fault myself, but check your earth connection.

Tony

marc b
25th October 2010, 11:43 AM
thanks for that. will give it a go did not think of that.

Finly Owner
26th October 2010, 01:25 AM
If that doesn't work your temp sender may be faulty

MudRunnerTD
27th October 2010, 08:25 AM
Hey Mark i would be checking the wires on the back of the sender too mate.

You will find it coming out of the Thermostat housing (where the top hose comes out of the front of the motor) It will be a small sender bolted in the side mate, have a wiggle.

If it is broken there then chase one from a wrecker or go to mr nissan, but it might be a little exy there.

Alternatively, maybe it is time to fit an after market gauge. Far more accurate and probably cheaper to do. An after market wont suffer from a big blank spot in the middle (the factory one measure to about 85 (middle) and then does not move till you pushing 100 then goes up again. a big dead spot so people dont stress)

The after market will come with a suitable sender in it, get an electric gauge rather than a mechanical for temp and you are on a winner mate.
Hope that helps.

marc b
28th October 2010, 11:47 PM
thanks for that info. I have put a new sender in and still dose not work. I will get a after market gauge and try that as well.

Matmobile
8th December 2010, 12:10 AM
i would check the connector plug behind the dash and look for dry solder joints