PDA

View Full Version : Just blocked EGR now engine waring light on.

drew79
16th August 2012, 02:02 PM
I'm new to the forum so hi to everyone!

I have just finnished blocking ERG and now the engine warning light is on. the patrol is running fine but a bit worried about the warning light being on. if this is normal i'm wondering if the is a way to turn it off?

Jamesandlizk
16th August 2012, 02:27 PM
Good question, I'm about to do this to my car but have pink slip inspection coming up so I'm a bit apprehensive, how'd did you get on with it?

macca86
16th August 2012, 02:27 PM
Hi mate what model year and motor do you have as they react differently then someone with more knowledge can help you out

drew79
16th August 2012, 02:53 PM
Its a 2000 3ltr zd30 DI. just had another look over it and all looks fine everything back where it should be.

drew79
16th August 2012, 03:15 PM
The install was fairly easy it's just a bit hard loosen bottom bolt on the flange below, you just have to keep at it and it comes loose. I had a pre made plate from ferret tools so it just slipped in. I don't think they would even notice when inspecting. Cause looks like normal gasket. Unless they do emission testing they would know.

drew79
16th August 2012, 04:29 PM
Just tried bridging the 1 and 8 terminal to read codes and reset but didn't work. Just worried it might go into limp mode. Any ideas woul be great.

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2012, 07:01 PM
Hi mate, an intro in the introduction section ( found in my signature ) would be nice, so members knew who they are talking 2

Cheers

Todd