PDA

View Full Version : Current 3 lt TD , any issues???????

Pete's GU3
24th October 2010, 08:17 PM
Hi guys me again , just wondering whats the current 3lt td engine like , what year did they change from the ZD30 to the current one , what is it called and is there any known faults with it like the ZD30 , are current uses happy with it ??????
reagrds

peter

YNOT
24th October 2010, 10:10 PM
The current 3lt Patrol is still a ZD30 but with common rail injection (designated 3lt CRD, earlier models known as 3lt DI).
Faults with the CRD motor are rare. I can't help with what year they changed to CRD.

Tony

Woof
24th October 2010, 11:14 PM
I got my old GU late in 2007 and it was a CRD, cannot fault them, made a few mods like 2" lift, 2.75" thingy off the turbo dump into a 3" straight through exhaust and a DP Chip..........bloody thing flew, but the way I drive I would have killed it so went to the new 89 GQ.
Way to nice to go places where I go, while I had it I had to replace the turbo, clutch, fly wheel and belt tensioner.......................but I did beat all 5 comp trucks in a time trial that I was in.
For a nice comfortable tourer and a bit of off road stuff you cannot beat them.

Pete's GU3
25th October 2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys , just keeping options open when my ZD30 di does a big KAKA on the road.....