PDA

View Full Version : just baught a 4'' lift

Mattonpatrol
13th August 2012, 05:26 PM
hey all!
i just baught a 4'' lift for my patrol, it came with dobsins coils, rancho long travel adjustable shocks, extended panard rods and drop boxes....
i have never done big lift like this before, im just wondering what other things will i need to change or modify so that i can use my 4'''' lift to its optimim...
i know ill have to get extended brake lines.
sway bar extensions?
extend tailshaft front or rear?
radius arms?
and is their any other things???

thanks all!!!!!

MudRunnerTD
13th August 2012, 05:47 PM
High bud,

You will need Sway bar extensions to re fit them especially on the front as the Drop Boxes drop the sway bar link down a heap.

Dont touch the drive shafts. At worst you might have to flip your front one and refit it in reverse ;) Length will be fine.

The Drop boxes will sort out the radius arms so nothing there

You will likely need to fit adjustable rear Upper Control arms to manage your pinion angle.

Drive on.

Mattonpatrol
13th August 2012, 06:57 PM
cheers buddy! is that all thigs i will need? any other sugestions?

nissannewby
13th August 2012, 08:51 PM
If you can get an adjustable drag link. Now you have a bigger lift some heavy duty rear lower control arms wouldnt go astray either.

growler2058
13th August 2012, 09:10 PM
I swapped my rear tail shaft end for end it was hitting on the crossmember when fully flexed

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

growler2058
13th August 2012, 09:11 PM
Also extended proportioning valve bracket

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Morton
14th August 2012, 07:45 PM
Also extended proportioning valve bracket

spend the time adjusting this just right, make the time to do it, maximize the braking capacity back to standard or slightly better