PDA

View Full Version : Air bag light

Blownlc
12th August 2012, 07:27 PM
G'day all.

Hoped in the troll today and noticed the air bag flashing at me. The mrs say "oh i noticed that earlier today".

I'm not too keen on the idea of playing around to work it out for myself. Does anyone have any ideas or experience in what may be a simple solution, before I book it into nissan and get rheemed?

Thanks lads!

NissanGQ4.2
12th August 2012, 08:30 PM
Can you post up a vid of the Air bag light blinking??? different timing in the blinks mean different things.

Have you downloaded the manual???? it in there

Blownlc
20th August 2012, 05:14 PM
I haven't down loaded the manual as yet. The the light is blinking for a second every second continuously.

Yendor
20th August 2012, 05:44 PM
Have you done any work on the vehicle lately? removed steering wheel?

Airbag system can be dangerous to work on. The only thing I will recommend (apart from taking it to a dealer) is to clear the codes.

If the light starts flashing again after the codes have been cleared you will need to take it to a qualified tech.

Try this for clearing the codes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0gBZpUq40

It states it's if for the Infinity but it works on the Patrols, unless your airbag system has a current fault.

happygu
20th August 2012, 06:19 PM
Good call Yendor,

I haven't had any problems but it is defintely a good trick to remember.

Mic

Blownlc
24th August 2012, 05:53 PM
Na i haven't done any work on her lately. Thanks for the tip i'll have a crack at clearing the codes and see what happens.

I have downloaded the manual. Just need to sift though it to find info on the air bag. The manual files are all over the shop.

Yendor
24th August 2012, 07:23 PM
The air bag is covered in the RS section of the manual.

Just make sure you read the whole section before performing any tests, especially precautions.

rusty_nail
16th April 2014, 04:11 PM
Have you done any work on the vehicle lately? removed steering wheel?

Airbag system can be dangerous to work on. The only thing I will recommend (apart from taking it to a dealer) is to clear the codes.

If the light starts flashing again after the codes have been cleared you will need to take it to a qualified tech.

Try this for clearing the codes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0gBZpUq40

It states it's if for the Infinity but it works on the Patrols, unless your airbag system has a current fault.

Yendor your a bl00dy ripper i had this problem with my new GU and tried it and whadaya know! fixed it. thanks a million mate